Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Paperscale II - Community Fortress  (Read 8790 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2011, 11:31:10 am »

Weyrond has been added to the Migrant list :D.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
My thoughts exactly.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

Perfect.
Make him a melodramatic saying: No! I dont want to fight! And then own the ass of any enemies aproaching with laughing over their body parts flying off from the power of his crossbow! WHAHAHAH! (Yes, hes a mad dwarf, a very mad one)
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:45 pm »

Footsteps in the Snow

Nuke stood in the entrance, silent, petting one of the dogs. The arctic wind blew across the makeshift fortress, howling in the same manner as a wolf would.

There was no sound, only the dull clicks of a pick against the rock face. Rex was hard at work, the only miner. Progress was slow, it had taken weeks to dig out a sizable entry. The several guard dogs were huddled in the corner, trying desperately to keep warm. Mother Nature was merciless. Her hands gripped Paperscale by the throat, strangling the dwarves of hope. Even the seemingly unstoppable feud between Dariush and Blackburn had grinded to a halt. Perhaps it was the lack of heat. Perhaps it was the lack of a future. Most of the dwarves already realized this was no expedition; it was a deathtrap.

Suddenly, one of the dogs got up. It's canine ears moved from side to side, picking up vibrations. The dog slowly lowered its head and started on a unsure growl, it's brethren starting to follow its actions. A single shimmer of light appeared in the distance, them two. Nuke called the others to the entryway, Bayar pushed himself to the front of the dwarven group, his huge hand curved around his eyes, trying to make out what it was approaching. Surely Paperscale could not have attracted any sort of goblin party, and kobolds were rare in this region. Elves were too weak to survive in such conditions, and the only civilization of Man to brave the most northern part of Nitom were the Pinelathered clan.

Then, the sound of footsteps in the snow, and black silhouettes in the distance; short silhouettes.

Harford muttered something to himself...

Damnit. Migrants.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not much time to get anything done. The trade depot is up, and Rex is working away at the main hall. It took forever, so long that there was a migrant wave! Disregard the genders for now, I will just play them as your preferred gender.

Anglewyrm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LupusAter

Randall

Uzurk
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:25:27 pm by Rex_Nex »

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2011, 12:31:58 pm »

Great Story telling Rex! And not just because my name was the first word  :P.
No but really, your doing a good job.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:08 pm »

Great Story telling Rex! And not just because my name was the first word  :P.
No but really, your doing a good job.
Hate to disappoint you, but it was fifth one :)

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2011, 01:02:41 pm »

Dwarf me in some migrant wave!

Name: Martikus
Gender (Preferred): Male
Profession: Militaristic Dwarf / Sheriff
Traits: Suffers Napoleonic Syndrome, even though he is, for a dwarf, rather tall, nonetheless still strives to prove his worth against his taller brethren (Which happens to be anyone, whether they are tall or not, but he'll claim they are tall despite the fact.) and when it comes to military tactical planning, he ALWAYS believes that he and his squad mates are about to run straight into a trap despite the circumstances, hence his most frequent line is... "ITS A TRAP!" inspired by Admiral Akbar.
All ur fort are belong to us!!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »

Added to the list Mega :D

Boy, we have a lot of military dwarfs. Once a few more pop up from migrant waves, Im going to send them off to wrestle the titan to death!

Any suggestions on what to do next? Burrow to the caverns? Workshop area? If we dont get a miner migrant soon, we might be doomed either way. Its taking half a year just to take out a few hundred blocks of stone. Of course, that means a faster legendary miner :P

And nuke, thank you! I needed that self esteem to get me through the day XD

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2011, 01:49:47 pm »

Burrow to the caverns! seeing as we lack miners but we have a plethora of (or to be) military dwarves i say its our only viable option in this time of crisis, so once we eventually burrow down their to the depths and hit the cavern we can secure it with our military dwarves ("Beware of traps." -Martikus) and that way we get the space we need to expand, also ores and rocks and the like, will be easier to obtain in the caverns.

EDIT: Workshops in the cavern!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:54:57 pm by MegaMartikus »
All ur fort are belong to us!!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »

Laboratory for harford to conduct experiments from within.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2011, 02:10:38 pm »

Caverns it is. Ill have Rex start digging downwards, and once he hits the caverns, Im going to try and get a wall up ASAP. Soon as thats finished, Ill have rex work on cutting out harford's lab while the rest of the dwarves set up workshops.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

Random migrant is fine. Name him jyhgtrf. And don't try pronouncing it too hard.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:22 pm »

I pronounce that as "Jie -Hoog - Turf", added though.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:12:05 pm by Rex_Nex »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

So I just made the trek to this place because I heard a rumor that, well, that there's a possibility that, that is to say that you might in fact...have cheese?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:07:29 pm by AngleWyrm »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]