Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Abilty to outfit our Companions?  (Read 3666 times)

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abilty to outfit our Companions?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:55:32 am »

Apparently, once a companion reaches master level, she will start picking up items. My companion, Ade Spinewhisper, the Devious Belt, a swordmaster, is wearng:

masterpiece: dress, coat, braies, 2 hoods, left mitten, long skirt, cloak
superior: skirt, braies, leather long skirt, cloak, leather gloves, right mitten
finely-crafted: bronze two-handed sword, iron breastplate, iron helm, dress, coat, braies, leather right glove, sock, leather shoes
regular: bronze shield, leather cap, leather left glove, sock

Also, 37 amulets, 38 rings, 43 earrings, 43 bracelets, and 46 crowns.

Her finely-crafted two-handed sword (menaces with spikes of brown zircon) has 29 notable kills, including 3 trolls, a consort of shadow, 2 minotaurs, a hill titan, a desert titan, and a cave dragon, and 151 other kills.

It seems she isn't picking things up after all. After injuring her hand and dropping, among other things, her sword, she wouldn't pick up the things she dropped, even after her injury healed. Also, I never saw her pick anything up, either from a shop or as loot.

Also, when I noticed she was gone (no longer listed as companion) after traveling, I went back and found her. She again showed up as my companion, but none of her armor or clothing was masterpiece or superior anymore.

Acquiring all that stuff may have been a bug.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 10:06:09 am »

Or maybe she got mugged...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 12:49:02 pm »

Was her weapon still enhanced?  I once saw a "prisoner" in a human fortress that was actually a forgotten beast (beaver fiend), and the first time I saw it it had all masterwork/decorated clothing and a masterwork/decorated slicing knife or something.  The second time I went to that keep, he was still there, but all his clothing was ordinary (but his weapon was still special).  This is getting weird. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »

Was her weapon still enhanced?  I once saw a "prisoner" in a human fortress that was actually a forgotten beast (beaver fiend), and the first time I saw it it had all masterwork/decorated clothing and a masterwork/decorated slicing knife or something.  The second time I went to that keep, he was still there, but all his clothing was ordinary (but his weapon was still special).  This is getting weird.
This was a demon, not a forgotten beast. I'm betting it used to be the leader of some goblin or human cinvilisation but was captured in a war. Maybe that's why it had such great stuff?

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

This was a demon, not a forgotten beast. I'm betting it used to be the leader of some goblin or human cinvilisation but was captured in a war. Maybe that's why it had such great stuff?

Seems logical, And possible.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 11:46:15 pm »

Yes, but the great stuff DISAPPEARED, except for the knife, and was replaced with ordinary stuff.  What gives?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 06:42:26 am »

Yes, but the great stuff DISAPPEARED, except for the knife, and was replaced with ordinary stuff.  What gives?
You noticed and asked around town...they didn't know. Maybe you're to be blame for getting his pimped out gear "confiscated".
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:57 am »

Yes, the weapon was still enhanced.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 05:09:21 am »

I noticed that the stuff hist figs wear is often turned into generic crap when you visit them for the second time or so.
I once found a pack animal from the merchants that visited my last fortress with all the stuff I sold them in a human keep. The second time I came to the place it just wore standard human clothing.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 12:08:15 am »

My own companion just got hit with the "equipment spawn".  I noticed when the attack notification messages for his spear suddenly indicated that it had decorations on it, which it didn't before. 

I had previously equipped him with a full set of bronze armor and an elephant leather backpack using DfFusion.  Interestingly, he still has those pieces of equipment; however, they are all decorated and/or higher quality than they are before.  They're definitely still the same items, though; his spear and shield still have kills from much earlier recorded on them (despite the fact that the shield is now Exceptional instead of its previous quality level), and they're made from the same materials.

He also has a cap, dress, coat, braies, skirt, left and right gloves, and a pair of socks which he did not have before, all of varying quality and decoration levels.  (It should be noted that when giving him equipment using DfFusion I also removed all of his clothing except for a braies, which he is STILL wearing- it's actually starting to wear out, and is the only item not decorated/quality improved). 

He is also wearing a metric fuckton of trophy jewelry, made from bone, tooth, nail (!), hair (!), and horn. 

EDIT: I went into DfFusion and swapped control to him.  He's actually HOLDING quite a few of the trophies in his hands. 

Further examination shows that he was wearing or holding somewhere around two hundred and ninety trophies.  Good grief.  Did I mention that dropping them all increased his speed by about 20 units, indicating that he was wearing or holding so much jewelry that the weight was slowing him down?  I'm letting him keep the clothes for now, they're pretty nice and most are very high quality.  A full eight items are masterwork, including his bronze helm and one bronze high boot (but not both? seriously what.)  All masterwork items are listed as "created by an unknown artisan", like other spawned items on high-level enemies. 

Closer counting shows that he had two hundred and eighty-six trophies, which matches his number of listed kills exactly (sum of notable and non-notable).  That explains those, at least.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:10:03 am by Shinziril »

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »

My own companion just got hit with the "equipment spawn".  I noticed when the attack notification messages for his spear suddenly indicated that it had decorations on it, which it didn't before. 

I had previously equipped him with a full set of bronze armor and an elephant leather backpack using DfFusion.  Interestingly, he still has those pieces of equipment; however, they are all decorated and/or higher quality than they are before.  They're definitely still the same items, though; his spear and shield still have kills from much earlier recorded on them (despite the fact that the shield is now Exceptional instead of its previous quality level), and they're made from the same materials.

He also has a cap, dress, coat, braies, skirt, left and right gloves, and a pair of socks which he did not have before, all of varying quality and decoration levels.  (It should be noted that when giving him equipment using DfFusion I also removed all of his clothing except for a braies, which he is STILL wearing- it's actually starting to wear out, and is the only item not decorated/quality improved). 

He is also wearing a metric fuckton of trophy jewelry, made from bone, tooth, nail (!), hair (!), and horn. 

EDIT: I went into DfFusion and swapped control to him.  He's actually HOLDING quite a few of the trophies in his hands. 

Further examination shows that he was wearing or holding somewhere around two hundred and ninety trophies.  Good grief.  Did I mention that dropping them all increased his speed by about 20 units, indicating that he was wearing or holding so much jewelry that the weight was slowing him down?  I'm letting him keep the clothes for now, they're pretty nice and most are very high quality.  A full eight items are masterwork, including his bronze helm and one bronze high boot (but not both? seriously what.)  All masterwork items are listed as "created by an unknown artisan", like other spawned items on high-level enemies. 

Closer counting shows that he had two hundred and eighty-six trophies, which matches his number of listed kills exactly (sum of notable and non-notable).  That explains those, at least.

Alright, This is starting to become crazy :P
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 12:30:39 pm »

I had noticed that crowns were held in the hands, and occasionally she would use one as a weapon. Other jewelry was worn where you would expect, such as rings on fingers.
Pages: 1 2 [3]