Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Abilty to outfit our Companions?  (Read 3665 times)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Abilty to outfit our Companions?
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:17 pm »

Just courious if thats going to be added soon?, I would like to refit people or is it possible to do now?
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Abilty to outfit our Companions?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:05 pm »

No, I don't believe so.

Put this in the suggestion section if you want this feature to be added.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »

Alright, Thanks for replying as well.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »

I am sure its something that will be added in time...but the adventure mode update was hardly a large focus....I think it was mostly cause it was something that hasnt got to much love lately so he updated it and he is back onto the caravan arc as is anyways....more important in my book....just recruit from castles and you should have fairly well suited people for noe

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:14:58 am »

There's a utility called DfFusion the lets you switch companions so you can pick stuff up.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69682.0

It was kind of a bitch for me to get it working cause I'm clueless, but I've used it for a while now with no ill effects.

drystan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:18:00 am »

As it stands, you can outfit your companions using the DfFusion tool. It's a bit hokey, but it works.

Without being able to outfit companions, bowmen, two-handed weapon wielders, and wrestlers are only good for dying. This is partly because companions generally start out with no combat skills whatsoever, so your bowmen miss until they run out of arrows, your two-handed weapon wielders have no weapon skills, so they can't parry shots, and wrestlers can't do anything that wrestlers should be able to do. Companions do learn, but they need to be able to survive at least a couple fights to learn anything in the first place. :)

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:43:08 am »

I actually just got on to ask the same thing.  I hadn't played adventure mode much, and wanted to see how to give the peasant who just joined me a bronze halberd I picked up.  I suppose it's good to know that I can't so I don't waste more time trying to.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 01:04:28 am »

I am sure its something that will be added in time...but the adventure mode update was hardly a large focus....I think it was mostly cause it was something that hasnt got to much love lately so he updated it and he is back onto the caravan arc as is anyways....more important in my book....just recruit from castles and you should have fairly well suited people for noe
I take it you didn't catch this then:
Quote from: Zack Adams aka Threetoe
After another release to work out some of the issues with adventure mode, the caravans begin to roll. The peasants are free from their hovels, tilling the fields and tending to their pigs and chickens. Great walled towns import food and goods from all over the world. You will be able to run one of these caravans, buying and selling across land, guided by the law of supply and demand. Not only that, you can do it on a horse.

One of the most exciting things about this next arc is that fortress mode and adventure mode will be bound together more than ever before. The dwarves will be forced to deal with the economic situation of the outside world, and adventurers will be able to experience the vast amount of dwarven goods your fortresses dump onto the market. It should be much fun. -Zach
Toady is by no means done with the adventure mode revamp. Check the development page to see what all is currently planned as far as adventure mode goes.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 01:10:14 am »

Didnt say they were.....just stated the focus was the caravan arc which deals with a little bit of everything....so in the long run it will improve adventure mode and open many things...but it will not focus on the little things in adventure mode like upgrading companion menus

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 01:47:33 am »

Alright, maybe I read more into your message than was really there. But it did seem to imply that the "adventure mode update" is over which isn't really the case. It's just interwoven with everything, like you said.

Since caravan stuff deals with items big time, I think we just might get an update regarding companions and items, but I won't go as far as to make an actual prediction.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:56:53 am »

Judging by how the last companion update was thrown in so quick and easy I would imagine swapping some equipment could be thrown together pretty easy....either way it will come....good to know that there is Dfusion for now though

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 09:25:44 am »

I think the companions should seek and equip better equipment themselves, discarding the old.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15:16 am »

Yeah thats the way this kind of thing is often handled.  however there does then need to be a mechanism to reclaim things, otherwise he's gonna swipe all the cotton-candy like my bloody Cap of the Guard
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 08:32:19 pm »

Wow, I didn't know they were working on that, Actually that sounds very intresting... And we will get mounts :D

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 09:43:14 pm »

LOL and dwarves will get donkeys!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: [1] 2 3