Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does each statistic mean?  (Read 1218 times)

sorhead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
What does each statistic mean?
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:40:05 pm »

Hi! I've just started playing and can't figure out how much and which skills are influenced by each statistic. Also, could you tell me what good does the fighter skill do?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What does each statistic mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:22:26 pm »

Relatively sure fighter skill influences how easily you can target individual bodyparts. The higher it is the more often you'll get higher chance attacks, easy and easier strikes etc. Weapon skills are self explanatory, as is kicking, biting, throwing, swimming etc. To this day I still don't know what Misc. Object User is.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:12 pm »

Misc. Object user is when you attack with non-weapon items, like shields or +Pigtail Left Sock+'s

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »

I believe Misc. Object User works like a weapon skill (e.g. Swordsman) if you decide to pull an Ironblood and fight with an item that wouldn't normally be used as a weapon (e.g. a cabinet).

Also, most of the attributes you choose from are self-explanatory, but some of them (e.g. Willpower) are more difficult to decipher a use for.

Edit: Ninja'd

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:28:01 pm »

According to the wiki, the Focus attribute affects your archery and sneaking ability, and the Spatial Sense and Kinesthetic Sense affect combat skills (presumably all or most of them). The rest of the mental attributes don't affect anything you'll be doing in Adventure Mode yet (though the help menu says the Observer skill is useful and a few of the mental attributes help that, but I don't know what Observer does).
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:41:46 pm »

presumably with a high observer skill you are interrupted during fast travel by messages of "you feel uneasy" instead of being actually ambushed. if you ever get a "you feel uneasy", start running.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 12:58:44 am »

presumably with a high observer skill you are interrupted during fast travel by messages of "you feel uneasy" instead of being actually ambushed. if you ever get a "you feel uneasy", start running.

I've got high observer. Got the feel uneasy, tons of times, 3 when there wasn't even anything around, I just traveled on out.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:12:39 am »

Yeah me too: I guess "you feel uneasy" is the game's way of saying "you coulda been raped but somehow your gut feelings saved your gut. Praise Armok and resume traveling, you fatass!"

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 06:18:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:35:14 pm by Bronimin »

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 06:45:39 am »

Willpower isn't irrelevant, either.

As far as I know, higher willpower means higher pain tolerance. 's the reason dragons have high willpower. It'd be a bit anticlimactic if they kept passing out from pain from (relatively) minor injuries.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 07:08:10 am »

According to the wiki, the Focus attribute affects your archery and sneaking ability, and the Spatial Sense and Kinesthetic Sense affect combat skills (presumably all or most of them). The rest of the mental attributes don't affect anything you'll be doing in Adventure Mode yet (though the help menu says the Observer skill is useful and a few of the mental attributes help that, but I don't know what Observer does).
Observer allows you to spot sneaking bastards, and intuition helps it.

Willpower isn't irrelevant, either.

As far as I know, higher willpower means higher pain tolerance. 's the reason dragons have high willpower. It'd be a bit anticlimactic if they kept passing out from pain from (relatively) minor injuries.
It also helps versus overexertion.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 07:22:00 am »

I have very low musicality and very low social awareness, so nobody wants to be friends with me...my adventurer feels no purpose in his life...
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!