Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: USB headsets are crap...  (Read 1462 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: USB headsets are crap...
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 04:48:36 am »

I'm not really doing much to my headsets I don't think.  I'm the kind of person who always carries the disk by the edges and puts it back in the case when I'm not using it and gets pissed off when other people don't.  You know, because then the disk gets scratched and stops working...  Are you pathologically careless or just an asshole?!  Er... right, anyway, the point is I don't think I've treated any of my headsets badly, they just stop working well after about a year and altogether soon after and I'd really like to find one that doesn't do that.

This latest set only really had one notable trauma when I dropped it and one of the ear pieces popped off, but nothing actually broke so I put it back together and it worked fine again for a quite a while until it randomly started getting weird.

What's especially weird with this one is that it seems like only certain parts of the sounds are broken.  Like when I play Assault Squad the music plays fine but the sound effects are nearly silent.

The little sound effect it plays when you adjust the windows volume works fine, but if I watch a zero punctuation video the theme song has certain parts that are really quiet and other parts that are normal volume, and the review after words is really quiet.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:50:56 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 07:53:46 am »

I have good experience with MSI headphones. The last pair lasted over three years and even then they didn't stop working, just the plastic broke so I couldn't wear them any more. Microphone did die like 6 months after purchase, but I don't use that anyway.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Adriaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 01:08:55 pm »

I've had some similar problems with headsets. It appeared the wires near the jacks broke and i had to pu the jaks in all sorts of positions to get them to connect. In the end it turned out the plugs on the front of my pc were just bad, as i plugged the headset in the back plugs and it worked without any problems. Might be worth checking this. Else a higher quality headset would be the way to go.  :)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »

I was already 30 bucks, and it's plugged into the back. :(
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 [2]