Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1175 times)

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
Re: What to do?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:02 am »

I'm attempting to build a grand temple to Armok in my fortress, mineing out alot of red stone and buying alot of it. It will be filled with statues of fallen enemies and acts of slaughter. It will have a masterwork(unless I can get an artifact somehow) Adamantine throne encrusted with Star Rubies. Though Slade would be more appropriate I can't figure out how to mod in useing it. The throne's use will be forbidden. It will have huge clear glass window's that span multible Z-levels. All and all, it will be beautiful, and if I can I will cover it in the blood of captured enemies. Part of the temple will be a grand collusiem for bloodshed in Armok's name.

That sounds pretty epic.  I did much the same but with solid gold and black bronze statues, though I imagine at a much smaller scale.  Can't forget the solid brass catch-basin/altar, either.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:04 am »

Of course, the basin will have alot of Open Space above it, where Nobles can have accidents, blood for the blood god and all that.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 11:54:45 am »

I never could get the Armok-god-stuff. Pretty boring...
Ok, i decided to make a new fortress in a new world. It will be a fort. My dwarves will kill every non-dwarf creature. Let's say, that dwarven civilisation is at war with everyone, and this fortress must provide protection for internal regions. It will be FUN..
I hope... if not, i will delete DF *gloomy*  >:(

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »

Nah, just go for the challenging embarks instead of quitting. A pick, an anvil, the wagon and 7 unskilled dwarves. On a glacier. Gogogo.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 11:22:22 am »

Nah, just go for the challenging embarks instead of quitting. A pick, an anvil, the wagon and 7 unskilled dwarves. On a glacier. Gogogo.

Good idea, should do it!)
Pages: 1 [2]