Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How dangerous is this giant eagle?  (Read 2158 times)

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How dangerous is this giant eagle?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

I once had a giant eagle start flying around right after I embarked.  I set one of my dwarves to have a battle axe I brought for woodcutting and had him kill it, which he did easily.

But, they are pretty awesome to have around your fort.  I would love to get a breeding pair.

Also, we should be able to tame war giant eagles, and have our military mount them.

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 06:56:38 pm »

You can definitely do war eagles.

Riding them is a bad idea though, you can't drink and fly. And no dwarf would go sober just for that.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 07:23:24 pm »

I've never really had much trouble with eagles, though I suspect that's more a symptom of them not being very aggressive than not being really strong.  Skeletal and zombie eagles of course would not end well.  (Though then again my experience with zombie elephants was that they're a bit overrated since like most undead, my militia can punch them out.  ...though to be fair, undead groundhogs who get a lucky shot in bruise you, elephants leave you crippled.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »

Eagles actually suck at defending.
They fly, which means they're probably better at attacking. Defending implies holding your ground, which sort of negates the advantage of free z-movement.

Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 08:35:52 pm »

Dude, that's sigged.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]