Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Goblin master?  (Read 3401 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin master?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 10:39:51 pm »

Heh, Interesting situation. My suggestion:

- Strip goblin of all stuff
- Dump in the Arena with one wardog/pup/cat/kitten
- Let the games begin. If goblin dies or is too gravely injured, reload save...death isn't the goal
- Repeat after the prisoner is healed enough. Goblin will eventually collect a lot scars & skills: Wa-lah~ personal Goblin Gladiator...recage for future fun and "experiments".

Aaahh, good ol' violence...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:41:58 pm by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:03 am »

Heh, Interesting situation. My suggestion:

- Strip goblin of all stuff
- Dump in the Arena with one wardog/pup/cat/kitten
- Let the games begin. If goblin dies or is too gravely injured, reload save...death isn't the goal
- Repeat after the prisoner is healed enough. Goblin will eventually collect a lot scars & skills: VOILA! personal Goblin Gladiator...recage for future fun and "experiments".

Aaahh, good ol' violence...
fixed
I say you get an unarmed dwarf to beat her sensless.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:19 am »

I'm liking the prison idea, but I'm not sure I want to go the magma route - it would be too easy for me to accidentally screw up and dump the whole fortress into magma.  (Also she's not got magnetic superpowers. :D) But it does give me an idea.

I currently have her in a glass cage in the main meeting area right by the well so everyone passes her.  It's a pretty large room and there's nothing on the level above.  I can build her, say, a 3x3 room in the middle of the meeting area out of crystal glass blocks.  (You know, quality for royalty.)  Build up a couple of tiles of Danger Room style spikes on a repeater.  Put a pit above her room so that a) I can drop her into it from above to get her in there in the first place, b) I can easily drop training animals in for her.

I can try to build an access passage into the room with a floodgate on it or something so I can more easily get her back out.  Or just disassemble a wall when I'm ready.  Prisoners don't need food or beds or anything do they?  (I'll still stick like a gold statue and a masterwork bed from my Legendary carpenter in there.  Quality for royalty again!)

Why in the middle of the meeting hall?  Coz that's where my nobles spend all their time, loafing around.  Sure, it may look like, here is this goblin, being forced to constantly dodge and block these wooden spikes and having animals dumped in on her to torture her.  But then, after some time, when they realize that she is becoming a scar-covered unstoppable killing machine and she is right there on display for everyone to see, along with the possibility that I could ask someone to open her door at the first sign of someone being a problem...

I don't think it could happen but what would be even more awesome is, since she's right there by the well where everyone walks past to see her, she got popular enough to be elected mayor herself.  (I've heard of some other strange things being elected mayor, but they have all been (Tame) animals IIRC.)

I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 08:45:47 pm »

So kind of resurrecting a thread but not really.  I'm still working on my Royal Goblin Living/Training Quarters.  The thing I'm specifically bringing the thread back to life though is that since I caught her, goblin sieges have been really, really sad.  The last siege I got had only three squads and we beat them down before they had time to catch their breath. 

So one obvious reason is that I have their leader, who trained all those fun animals from under the earth, and there is nobody left to lead them all into battle.  So now I just have a bunch of troublemakers show up once in a while.

A different reason could be that, because I'm pretty self sufficient in my fort, I haven't really needed to buy much from caravans so my exports are virtually nonexistent.  I'm planning to buy out the whole next caravan and give them like a 200% profit just so I can jump my exports to something more interesting.

I also can't piss off the Elves or Humans, but that might get fixed in .13 (or .14) whenever the Mac version gets available.

I'd kind of prefer not to Dig Down because I like the aboveground siege gameplay.  Have I actually wiped out most of the nearby goblin civilization to the point they don't have anything left to attack me with?

I sure hope I can piss off at least the elves.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]