Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Float plane threatens Obama! F-15s authorized to knock out 911 service!  (Read 2322 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Float plane threatens Obama! F-15s authorized to knock out 911 service!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »

My neurologist insists 9/11 was allowed to happen because the fighters sent to intercept were only at 30% throttle. Its hard to explain trans-sonic cruise speeds to a conspiracy nut.
Not what is saying wikipedia. I guess you choose a republican neurologist.

You silly man, Nikov is right. The most common proponents of the "9/11 was allowed to happen so that we could enter a war with Iraq" are crazy Democrats.

If the President back then had been a Democrat, probably the proponents would have been crazy Republicans.

The point is, there are very many crazy people in this world.

The operative word being CRAZY. The planes were hijacked by CRAZY muslims. That doesn't mean all muslims hijack planes, just the crazy ones.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:40 pm »

Yes, crazy people are depressingly common.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 07:32:02 pm »

Statistically speaking, an argument could be made crazy Muslims are more likely to launch suicidal attacks than crazy Pastafarians, so Muslim pilots asking funny questions about your airline's specific security procedures might well deserve some entirely justified and shamelessly prejudicial second glances.

Just saying. I mean, those aren't Scottish highlanders sneaking across the Mexican border...

We're going way off topic. A float plane! I doubt a float plane could produce lethal effects on the presidential limo, much less surprise anyone.

"Eeeerrrrrrreererererooooooow..."

"Hey Mr. President, incoming float plane. I think its going to try and hit us."

"Eeeerereeereeereeeeeeow..."

"Yep, getting closer. Better stand behind this building over here, just to be safe."

"Rrrrrroooowwwwwwwww..."

"Oh sure, you've got time to tie your shoe. I'll just text my wife, tell her I'll probably miss dinner."
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:35 am »

No man, if you point your cop-laser at a jet it'll think it's a targeting laser and shoot you with a missile.

Anyway, I can see people calling 911, I mean the President is in town and you hear two huge explosions, but powering down the whole system is pretty crazy.

I can see people calling 911 too, because they did. Not because it was smart, or that they needed to, or that an hour of repeated calls because you hadn't gotten through yet was important.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:47 am »

Sadly, he is the only competant neurologist I've met so far in Kentucky. Something about being a Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Neurology gets you a free ride to beleive any stupid crap you come up with so long as you remain a goddamn genius in your field. Like how Noam Chomsky is some brilliant linguist, but a retarded overacademic trainwreck when he talks politics.

I have no desire to get into a huge political discussion, but I just wanted to point out the error in the above. Chomsky is more than capable of understanding politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtYecGbQz8

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 02:04:41 am »

Sadly, he is the only competant neurologist I've met so far in Kentucky. Something about being a Fellow at the Harvard Institute of Neurology gets you a free ride to beleive any stupid crap you come up with so long as you remain a goddamn genius in your field. Like how Noam Chomsky is some brilliant linguist, but a retarded overacademic trainwreck when he talks politics.
Every linguist I've ever heard comment on Noam Chompsky has had rather negative things to say about him, and has been quick to point to things that prove his theories wrong (I also, having looked at their arguments, came to agree with that conclusion). On the other hand, I've read interviews with him about politics, in which he seemed quite lucid and knowledgeable.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 06:40:50 am »

Every linguist I've ever heard comment on Noam Chompsky has had rather negative things to say about him, and has been quick to point to things that prove his theories wrong (I also, having looked at their arguments, came to agree with that conclusion). On the other hand, I've read interviews with him about politics, in which he seemed quite lucid and knowledgeable.
He would seem lucid and knowledgeable. That doesn't mean he's right about anything, it just means he speaks well.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 [2]