Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarvenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) - PAUSED - Spots Still Open  (Read 8200 times)

tbino

• Bay Watcher
  • For when praying to armok isn't enough
    • View Profile

What about some kind of Adamantine strip mine challenge that looks something like this
Adamantine Strip mining Outpost
Time: 1 year.
Size Limit: 3x3
Requirements: Capital City,  -10 Security, -1 Food
Racial Guidelines: Dwarven (Deep Mines allowed/Magma Allowed), Goblin (Deep Mines/Magma Allowed)
Goal: 50 Adamantine extracted.
Reward: +5-7 Civ Points, +5 Materials
Gather Adamantine ore.  Ordinary ore just won't do.
+1 Civ Point if you provide dedicated accomodation for your miners to eat and sleep in.
+1 Civ Point if you build an on-site smelter and smelt at least 25 ore into wafers.
thanks oidip
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 12:22:34 pm by tbino »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about some kind of adimantine strip mine challenge that looks something like this
Adimantine Strip mining Outpost
Time: 1 year.
Size Limit: 3x3
Requirements: Capital City,  -10 Security, -1 Food
Racial Guidelines: Dwarven (Deep Mines allowed/Magma Allowed), Goblin (Deep Mines/Magma Allowed)
Goal: 50 Adamantine extracted.
Reward: +5-7 Civ Points, +5 Materials
Gather Adamantine ore.  Ordinary ore just won't do.
+1 Civ Point if you provide dedicated accomodation for your miners to eat and sleep in.
+1 Civ Point if you build an on-site smelter and smelt at least 25 ore into wafers.

Fix'd?
Join the new Hermit Succession

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In one year? that's damn near impossible... well, unless you remove the caverns, or somehow find the legendary adamantine spire...

also, all one year challenges are hard, if you want to finish them with 100%. for farming, you would have to bring all 400 seeds with you... and for trees, that has to be one forested area... mines wouldn't be too hard, unless there are certain, [NO_STONE] conditions.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So when can we start this again? Have we decided which new workshops to use, because I don't think there should be that many, most of the skills are pretty universal.
Also I'm goign to make a goblin adventurer on this world so my people will have something to engrave about.
Join the new Hermit Succession

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the problems are,

Goblins get to buy Trolls for 1pt each, this is overpowered cause Trolls give 23meat alone (thats not including animal parts which is now food aswell) So buying 10 of them clears a Hunting Challenge for the Goblins...

Elves can't equip axes, even wooden axes, so they can't harvest lumber. Plus they also get an overpowered Animal choice, with blackbears and such for embark, though they are 500pts each...

Unless you can think of ways to fix it please say something. For Elves need a Custom Workshop to produce wood, and Goblins need a fix on their animal choice....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the [PET_VALUE:##] tag is very important, trolls most likely dont even have a value, defulting it to 1.
and the elves wouldn't cut down tree's at all, so a custom workshop is most likely the only solution.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]