Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's your favourite thing about 0.31?  (Read 1671 times)

racingspider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite thing about 0.31?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »

Yeah, the military, once fixed up a bit is fantastic. I haven't had to do ANYTHING with my military for a very long time. They train (with no orders of course), guard the gates and go on patrols without me even having to touch anything anymore. I'm still trying to get them to drop the extra 2 shields or spare weapons they seem to pick up though.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 05:39:24 pm »

I wish my dwarves picked up extra weapons. I have trouble getting them to pick up anything at all. But that's really my only complaint! I love the caverns, and I love that you can tweak them to have more or less pure rock. I love the constant availability of magma and the improved HFS. The randomly generated creatures are absolutely incredible, too, and the materials system has made injuries much more entertaining.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »

I wish my dwarves picked up extra weapons. I have trouble getting them to pick up anything at all. But that's really my only complaint! I love the caverns, and I love that you can tweak them to have more or less pure rock. I love the constant availability of magma and the improved HFS. The randomly generated creatures are absolutely incredible, too, and the materials system has made injuries much more entertaining.

My main problem with it is that my guys are using a trail mix of equipment materials (copper, bronze, iron, and steel) that have made it into the fortress one way or the other, when I'm cranking out perfectly good iron equipment. Not to mention the fact that their uniform specifies ONLY iron equipment.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 10:52:20 pm »

The mineral diversity and magma sea are excellent.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Jztiberius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 05:45:17 am »

I love the cavern system for the excitement.

Burrows are great to save my guys from invaders.

And the new military is even good now with bugs, and without them it must be amazing.

Forgotten Beasts are my  favorite though. Just when I feel bored another one shows up.
Pages: 1 [2]