Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Godhood II - Proliferation  (Read 12234 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood II - Proliferation
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:26 am »

The farms were going well, and the world was perfect. There was massive explosion in food, and so too came population. More houses were being erected every day, to support more and more Valan'Anquin. Slowly, each member of the tribe began to specialize, one man making spears and fist wrappings for war, another farming produce, everyone began to find what they were best at, and exel at it.

20 years pass uneventfully. Advances are made, such as basic stoneworking, a writing system (hyroglyphs[SP]), and birthing (leading to a lower infant mortality rate). Areos rules his tribe peacfully but strictly, enforcing his laws personally. The beatings are harsh, but the laws are not and the tribe prospers and Areos is generally forgiven.

Then, they were on Crystal. There was no flashy fanfare, no lights. It just was. The entire tribe, moved in a blink of an eye. The landscape was arid, but enough to grow crops in. At least, so Areos hoped, as all the goats had been left behind.

Everything was undone...

Areos' tribe prospers, advancing in stoneworking, writing, and better birthing techniques. However, some of these may be forgotten with the move to Crystal, as it throws everything out of whack.
Twenty years have passed to Areos' mind
Areos is a bit of a harsh ruler. Everyone still loves him, but he's a bit strict.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

With Areos tribes gone Nihilus sends some men of the order to salvage anything useable from the, now uninhabitated, village of the tribe.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2010, 04:34:59 pm »

The One had rested long enough and can contenue working on his world of perfection. He scattered the remaining breath, diluting it into an atmosphere, there were no weather cycles but that leads to erosion, then imperfection. He took one of his hairs and planted it, making it grew into a Tree, one so beutifull must be acompanied with others, so he impletemented a seed system, for the tree to spread and grow, but none of its offspring to grow as large as the origional. The trees, called Under'taw, spread fast and grew large, providing horbour for the to be life, but it wasn't enough, the skies grew cloudier and the planet still mostly barren, it needed a filler, so The One took a leaf and shreaded it, and planted that, growing grasses. The One then created life, taking two leaves of The tree he created herbivores, beasts who feasted upon the greenery that is plant-life. One of them was similar to him, a quadraped, it had hooves and could quickly gallop across the plains, it preferred grasses to the leaves. The other was different, it was bipedal, and grew fur, it swung between the trees with it's hands and preferred the leaves to the grasses. He names them both, the plain dweller, Vit'rie, and the forest swinger, Hand'quo.

The One scatters the gasses into an atmosphere and creates a Tree to which all trees on this world are from, they are called Under'taw.

The One creates two herbivores out of The Tree, one gallops the plains and eats grasses, called Vit'rie, the other swings in the trees and eats leaves, called Hand'quo.

((Im hoping the scattering falls more under a command, than an act.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

With the threat of the void dealt with, at least for Obsidian, Ha Gu Sa turned his attention to the planet's lack of animal life.

For this, he created ash rats- resilient, persistent scavengers that could survive anywhere. To keep their numbers in check, he created sha'shaks ("shah-shacks"), buzzards easily the size of a large dog, with clawed handlike features on their wings, so as to double as legs on the ground.

To produce carrion for both, he created the mighty thunderers, massive animals easily eight feet tall and fourteen feet long at adulthood, adorned with armor plates and prone to traveling in herds. To hunt them, he created ash jackals, canines four feet high at the shoulder and possessing massive claws, teeth, and a deranged grin.

To all these creatures he gifted the ability to slowly grow stronger and larger as they aged. Thus was there no absolute limit on how large such a creature could get- only the limitations of how much food it could acquire and how long it could survive the ravages of Obsidian.

With plants and animals and water, Ha Gu Sa at last turned to the last great thing missing from his planet- true sapients to build and explore of their own accord. He creates the Hassan, meaning "firstborn" in their tongue, a race of tall, imperious-looking elves with pale skin, solid gold eyes, and a tendency towards grim determination and passionless knowledge. He also imbued their eyes with the ability to see in utter and complete darkness, though not in the same fashion as light. Hence, while they would never be helpless in the dark, many would attempt to use torches and other lighting, especially for delicate tasks.

With that, Ha Gu Sa gave them their orders, and went to work on his divine realm.

Ha Gu Sa creates four types of animal life.
Spoiler: Animals (click to show/hide)

Ha Gu Sa creates the Hassan, gold-eyed elves with an imperious, grim appearance.
Spoiler: The Hassan (click to show/hide)

Ha Gu Sa empowers his divine realm to hold the souls of Obsidian's dead.

Ha Gu Sa commands the Hassan: "Multiply and advance yourselves."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

cybernix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 01:19:38 pm »

Almanac saw that the Kronos had not turned to the creed as garesh had preached it, reaching his power down to garesh Almanac increased his size and strength tenfold, Almanac also gave the Kronos part of his power over time.

Almanac advanced his prophet, geresh, to a demi-god

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

A few months after the Rift, as they were calling it, Areos and his tribe were living quite peacefully. They had planted some old crops in the fields, and had domesticated some of the native fauna of Crystal.

The 'stone' here was easy to shape, and so stoneworking advanced quickly. Huts were no longer made of wood and grass and mud, but stone and wood alone. There was also a brilliant discovery, the discovery of the bow. One of the new wise men had discovered that the tendons of these new animals were highly elastic, and sprung back when taut. When attached to a stick, a crude archery device was formed. Wether or not this invention would grasp remained to be seen, as the discovery was new, and the Vala'Anquin were skeptical of many things.

Areos' Tribe adjusts to Crystal well.
The new stone allows great leaps in stoneworking. Many buildings are made of stone.
The bow is invented, but it's new and may not take hold.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 01:02:38 pm »

Ochita was looking at the new arrivals on his planet, Monsters that would kill his elves, shadows in the corners. But the thing that interested him more was the new tribe, he had watched them when they were on their own planet and now that annoying god- what was his name...? Oh right Nihilus, he had wanted to stop all belief in any gods. This confused Ochita, why would a god want to have a godless universe? Still, he might as well talk to the new tribe, he had an eye on that leader. I might pay him a visit tonight... Also, those new techniques could prove useful to his elves....

Ochita shares to the elves the knowledge of stoneworking, writing, hand-to-hand combat and agriculture. (! act from taking tech from other places)

Areos woke up in his hut in a cold sweat, his dreams were weird. Glancing around, he sees a figure made from water. "Don't talk, just listen. I am a god, no I wont do anything. You were taken from your own planet by that god who had that order that you regected. I think you were a chalkasti* in his side, so being the god that he is, he took you from your own planet. Now, I know you dont worship gods of any sort and I'm okay with that. Ive had my say, the name is Ochita. Now speak what you wish. "

(*Thorn)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2010, 05:44:36 pm »

Areos calms himself. Besides the adrenalin rush from being startled awake as such, being afraid of this new god could do him no good.
The first thought that occured to him was to ask of his own safety, but he shook the thought from his head. The Tribe was of capital importance, not him. He was 2nd in line.

"What will do you bear me, Ochita? Will we be enemies, or will we be allies?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2010, 07:07:54 pm »

"I bear no ill will towards you areos, you inspire me, a tribe of hunter-gathers regected by their god. Now if you wish I can give the gift of minor essence magic" Ochita moves his hand, and shapes appeared, sounds were heard and areos weapon floated for a second. "Allow this gift, or disallow it. The magic used by those 'cultists' were a corrupted magic. My magic can be used for more than just killing. Also there are a race of elves on this planet. Made by me, same with everything on this planet execpt you. I would be glad for the elves to be allys to you, they know several things that you dont yet you also know things that they dont know." Ochita paused

"So will you be peaceful and help spread your tribe and get a shot at the god that did this. Or do you want to ignore me, push me away and not get a shot at who did this to you? The choice is yours. Bear in mind what may happen to your tribe. After all you are a protective man and I respect that."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »

Areos sneered slightly at the exhibition of magic, but calmed quickly.
 "Hmm. I would prefer my people stay away from magic, and I think they do as well. Please do not think of this as rejection, however, we but merely do not think magic is of any use to us.
 As for an alliance with the elfs, well, they'll make that decision themselves. If you have watched us as long as you seem to have, you will know some of the more taboo things in this tribe.
 The forehead is a dirty place. Contact with the forehead of another being is considered dirty, as is interaction with anyone who has done so.
 The midriff must be covered at all times. It was at this place the cord was attached, and in the severing of this cord comes the severing of the individual family and joining with the tribe. A bare midriff suggests indulgence in the needs of the self.
 Philosophy and Theology serve no purpose here. Prolonged exposure to these topics can irritate us.
 Ochita, tell the elfs these things, and have the send a convoy. Let me see what we may gain from this."
Areos lay back down in his bed, with one hand still ready to fight. He looked intently at Ochita, awaiting the gods response.

((Elfs was not just an alternate spelling, but a mispronounciation by Areos.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

"I find that acceptable, the way that magic was used to hurt your tribe and how they tried to manipulate your tribe. No magic, the elves know some minor magic but I will tell them not to use it, I shall also tell them about your taboos. Bare in mind that the elves have some taboos as well. Don't insult an elder, when hunting dont mess around. Simple things really, but dont damage the 'Ochitas bloom' a tree that is rare, dont over hunt and dont ever Ever fold your arms to a elder. I shall send the elves, if you could be so kind as to help give them a nice welcome."

Ochita then travels to a large tribe of elves nearby. He tells them of areos and how they should just see how areos and his tribe are and to also take the elder and some native plants that the elves know about. He also tells them of the Taboos and such. He also births an elf gifting him with strong essence magic (For the elves)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 09:35:26 pm »

A week later all the preparations were ready. A great feast was layed out before the arriving elves, in crude clay pots and bowls. They were of the best Areonitan make, which, while admittedly wasn't very good, was the best they could do.
 Several of the tribal wise men were arrayed before Areos, who was sat on the ground in plain clothing, waiting for the envoy to arrive.

Negotiations were about to begin.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]