Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Treat corpses and individual body parts as containers  (Read 460 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Treat corpses and individual body parts as containers
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:39:38 am »

This is more of an adventurer mode suggestion than anything else. :)

We all know that when you kill someone in a certain area, and then return to that area later on, their items will be scattered all over the place, leaving any heavy things behind. I suppose this simulates being disturbed by animals - essentially the same thing that scatters items all over a fortress when you abandon then visit as an adventurer.

It gets messy, though, especially if you've just recently committed genocide. Returning to the town to find it, for some reason, paved in clothing and jewelry is a little weird.

Not to mention that in fort mode, when your dwarves retrieve a dead one, they apparently pull him right out of his clothes. ???

So I'm suggesting that corpses be treated as containers, and that items remain on the body.

Actually, this would work if clothing sections were implemented and linked to the different body parts they cover; I've always found it weird that cutting someone's arm off knocks the arm out of his sleeve, gauntlet, and gloves, or bisecting someone only to have his lower body jump out of his pants and fly ten feet away.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treat corpses and individual body parts as containers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:21:17 pm »

Exactly the thing that you said is currently #25 in the Eternal Suggestion Voting list.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Treat corpses and individual body parts as containers
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »

You're right it is! Geez, people! Learn to search already! God! :P

XD My bad.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."