Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Bones as a building material  (Read 5067 times)

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bones as a building material
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 09:09:57 pm »

re-reading some of the posts and ideas here, i noticed how some people were complaining of generic bones. my solution is this: add several reaction types to the smelter, each one identical, but change the end product by a single word or two. instead of making 'bone blocks', have it say 'elf bone blocks' or such. one for each animal/species you want to build with. if you wanna be really sespific, only use the reaction whenever you actualy get bones of X creature. its not perfect, but its fun to pretend

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2010, 04:26:09 am »

Considering the Development page, ousire, it doesn't seem entirely farfetched that we might get species-specific bones in the relatively near future, as a result of the expanded butchering it looks like we're going to get.
For they would be your masters.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2010, 06:03:44 am »

Awesome, all we need now is the abilty to incorporate bones into buildings and have them generate thoughtsAnd undead...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2010, 06:43:45 am »

The idea of using bones as building material is genius. Especially because the building material should be abundant as soon as the first sieges treehuggers start visiting you.

Speaking of the treehuggers, I think that's going to cause problems.

Elf at your wall: NOMNOMNOMNOM
Urist McGuard: Hey! Get off the wall!
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]