Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bizarre things you modded in?  (Read 2730 times)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre things you modded in?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 12:41:41 pm »

Well I've3 made super fecund, non-eating kobolds that have taken over almost all the mountain halls in the two worlds I've genned with the mod. Also, landsharks.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:36 pm »

I turned the coupon machine into a workshop.
It gives you limonite every 1 limonite coupon, and limestone every 1 flux coupon.
You can also dispense 5 coupons for some coins.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 02:34:05 pm »

I've been thinking about adding humanoids composed entirely of steel swords instead of limbs, and shields for bodies, as an enemy civ. Also, giant stone octopi (octoliths?).
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:03 pm »

For some inexplicable reason, I decided to mod in shutter shades and iPods, laptops and cocaine, werehipsters and ligers. Laptops are basically furniture and made at the metalsmith's forge, and can serve as basically offices, or meeting places. Shuttershades are technically armor, and ipods are just very valuable metal crafts. Cocaine is made from harvesting "Happy Leaves", a crop I modded in at processed at the farmer's workshop. Werehipsters are basically troglodytes, but were strange clothing and love to steal your booze. Ligers are pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
So what about you guys?

The werehipsters would have weapons and armor, you've probably never heard of them.  And they never invade, because it's so mainstream.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 [2]