Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DF has invaded my mind.  (Read 4455 times)

warlordzephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeping dwarves in booze since 2008 (40d)
    • View Profile
Re: DF has invaded my mind.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

I just had the following conversation:

Boyfriend: "Hey, want to see Avatar?"
Me: "Nah, busy playing Dwarf Fortress with myself."
Boyfriend: "..."

I was also dreaming about designating mining sections...

You have a strange love life. Good on you for avoiding Avatar, though.
Joke is too easy, but I also compliment you on avoiding that overhyped dribble.

Ten years, and all they could do was rip off Dances With Wolves, and couldn't even match that movie's quality in writing. "Unobtanium," are you ****ing kidding me...?

But this isn't the "I hate Avatar" topic so I'll stop now.

I'd say it's actually the plot of pocahontas. But this guy beat me to it http://www.filmgulp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/avatar_pocahontas_script.jpg

...I hope that one day, DF will be popular enough to spawn a dwarf-themed metal band.

I thought about that actually, i can sing Death Metal and play death metal style guitar so i decided to write songs about DF (Lots of more hardcore metal bands do that with warhammer). I need some more band members though :P

Anyway, back on topic. I almost got expelled from my school for constantly playing DF, thereby slowing the servers down so much that noone could do any work.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:45:46 pm by warlordzephyr »
I just made all my dorfs proficient Biters, liars, and went from there.
"Did you eat Urist?"
"Pshht, of course not!"shifty eyes

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: DF has invaded my mind.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 06:43:21 pm »

Every time I see some sort of unusual symbol that doesn't quite parse as a word, my mind immediately thinks of what it represents in DF.  So I'd see + as a smoothed floor, or = as an empty stockpile, or * as ore, etc.  It can get a bit eerie.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...
Pages: 1 2 [3]