Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: UristMcCivilian cancels Rescue Wounded: handling dangerous creature!?  (Read 610 times)

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile

I've got a dwarf with a mangled hand and broken head, I need him resting ASAP so my doctor can diagnose him (won't diagnose non-resters).

He was sitting in a bed, bleeding out.  He's no longer having any blood loss or bleeding, but he's drowsy, thirsty, flashing with some yellow symbol (instead of red which I assume was a mortal wound, but it's no longer mortal), and labeled as "no job".

So, I remove his bed from under him, but he's still "no job" and nobody will rescue him (only one dwarf attempts, and cancels for the above reason) and I need my doctor to look at him.

Help?  How can I get my dwarves to rescue him, or how can I get him to move to the bed himself?

EDIT: Eventually my doctor did him himself.  Will unskilled civilians not attempt to rescue dwarves due to fear of possibly injuring the dwarf they want to rescue?  My doctor had no trouble doing it and now he's doing his job (WHEW!).  Someone needs to explain this to me.  This is important stuff.  Life or death.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:25:35 pm by Box »
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: UristMcCivilian cancels Rescue Wounded: handling dangerous creature!?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »

Have you set the zone around the bed to be a hospital?
Dwarves won't rest until there is a bed in a hospital zone.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:28:47 pm »

I edited my post about what happened, but yes, I have roughly 10 beds in a hospital zone with plenty of crutches, thread, splints, etc.

It was a miner that attempted and failed.  The doctor pulled through.

EDIT: At a glance it appears that the healthcare system, and dwarves recognizing what to do, is really, really slow.  As in, my doctor will suture a dwarf, go no job for two days, then suture again.  My dwarf needs disinfected but my doctor's nothin' doin'.

My other dwarf, finally rested, and *FINALLY* diagnosed, needs sutures, bandages, and immobilization.  Doctor's practically ignoring him.  UGH!

Still don't know what "handling dangerous creature" means.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:53:45 pm by Box »
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 02:00:50 pm »

Oh no! The American health care system! :o
Just kidding.

But in all seriousness, I can't even get my military dorfs to rescue the one I have underground right now.

Or kill the troll that keeps harassing for that matter.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.