Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First spiral  (Read 1155 times)

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
First spiral
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:21:44 am »

I just had my first tantrum spiral collapse of '10, and lost over 20 dwarves in the end.
Cheer me up with tantrum stories, Bay12ers!
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First spiral
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:21:28 am »

Not sure, if this counts but a Lasher in training went berserk, entered martial trance, and killed the rest of my military within 3 seconds.
Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)

It seems only one dwarf went tantruming after the fact. :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:23:21 am by dorf »

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:25 am »

My first fort went nuts due to a messy encounter with a GCS and other cave critters. Military was crappy to say the least.
It was... disturbing how quickly things went to hell. Eventually I lost all control of my dwarves and gave up once I lost my important noble positions. People were going melancholy, stark raving, and berserk left and right. Somehow I retained enough military throughout to put down the berserkers, but the fort would never be the same again.

Unrelated, but my current fort is also currently in a... downturn. No spiral, but I discovered the wonder of goblins riding Giant Bats. Walls are as effective against them as you can imagine.
Didn't help that another one riding a cave crawler followed by some trolls found an alternate route into my main area.
It's a wonder I avoided a tantrum spiral thus far, but wrestling my dwarves away from collecting shit and figuring out why my FPS just went to hell is making things... interesting.

Edit: Oh fffff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:43:24 am by Lightning4 »

spokehedz

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 09:37:46 am »

I had a nice fort setup with 20 dwarves to make nothing but mermaid bones and as such I had quite a few migrants left outside who would go nuts and kill each other from time to time. I had them create every single kind of workshop and they would take them over and build macabre stuff out of them which was a hoot too. The fort was sealed up, so I was in no danger of seeing how high I could get my dwarfbucks until I accidentally opened the door for a few seconds when i was trying to activate the mermaid lever.

I knew I should have moved the one lever closer to the door. Oh well.

In rushed about 75-100 peasants who ran STRAIGHT to the booze and immediately drained my small stock and then went on to ravage all the food that was stored. Once that was gone (by accident) one of the soapmakers went bonkers for real and started to murder everybody.

The 75+ dwarves lost their minds when their best buddy Soapy McSoapSoap was killed and proceeded to coat the inner mountianhome walls with the blood and guts of everybody.
Quote from: LordBaxter
Once a stair fell, and rather than knock him one or two z levels down, as usually was the case, he went rolling down the central staircase, hit the bottom and exploded.