Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: And suddenly, I thought different about elves...  (Read 2613 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: And suddenly, I thought different about elves...
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:33 pm »

Hi!

After a few years, there is still no problem with my Giant Desert Scorpion, even though all areas where people gather have statues around and there are also windows and wooden doors along the way (but not passed, I think).

I checked the bug report and the report it links to, and they always mention independent creatures being unreliable. So, I am wondering whether this uncertain behavior of building destroyers has been confirmed for (TAME) creatures as well. After all, there had been the bug with the incompletely tamed creatures that had blood on their fangs, so I wouldn't be surprised if (TAME) creatures actually behaved different. So, any confirmation on this?

Deathworks

It has.

iirc, the first instance of the bug was with a guy who was breeding Cave Crocodiles; one of his baby cave crocs (born tame, never seen any combat at all) suddenly knocked over a nearby statue. When he rebuilt it, it knocked it over again. After a bit it went and knocked over another statue.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 10:16:27 pm »

You could also make cloth weightless, right? Or would that just cause the elves to bring an "infinite" amount of cloth per trip? If that's the case, how would I give them wagons?
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 11:43:57 pm »

Elves are easy to please. Fortunately, I like my dwarves social (tantrum spirals are the only threat to my fortresses these days, and I LIKE it that way), so I usually can get away with buying off an entire caravan, elven or otherwise, for a profit of ONE... once the broker has sufficient Appraisal anyway.

If all else fails, I just offer to trade the elves' wooden items back to them once the important trades are out of the way. Actually I do that anyway so they'll leave my trade depot quicker.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten anything more impressive than a grizzly from them, but I usually get the animals in good health. Usually. One time I got seven dead animals in cages, including two Cougars (ah, what could have been). Hey, free meat/skins/bones.
Pages: 1 2 [3]