Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ultimate Fortress Mod  (Read 5943 times)

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Fortress Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »

How exactly do I get the civilian weapons to work?  I can get the dwarves to equip them by locking them both in a room, but they drop them on the ground in a few minutes and will not train with them.  Do they actually need the imaginary ammo?  If so how do I make it?  I've using both the trebuche model and a wood warper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 08:34:35 pm »

For the civilian weapons you just have to lock them in a room with them and then order them to use the type of weapon that is abbreviated in the name. Unfortunately due to the way that the ranged weapon hack works they will not train with the weapon but they will fight with them if they are provided with an enemy to fight. As for the imaginary ammo, that is only there to provide an ammo type for the game. It doesn't actually exists.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »

Well I guess I better build a bunch of cage traps to supply foes for the civilian skill training arena then.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »

Finally came across a major issue.  A bunch of traders came, and everything was going well.  About 12 different civ's traders were in the depot at once. 

All of a sudden, I start getting messages like this: "Urist McDwarf has frozen to death".  About 7 of my dwarves picking things up from the depot were killed before I even knew where these deaths were coming from.  A bunch of the caravan guards got killed too.  The only suspicious item was boiling marble. 

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25:47 am »

Well, it may come as a bit of a spoiler, but the mod has several components that make mining more interesting. The effect is that some stones spontaneously boil, to the detriment of nearby living things. There are also the standard stones such as marble, which do not boil. The boiling kind is rare, and should be avoided. The stone was not intended to come as a trade-good, but it happens from time to time...just enjoy the free stuff from the dead caravan!
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 12:21:42 am »

With Toady's latest information about how the metal ores and reaction system works I was able to rewrite the chances of the ores to be more like I think Impaler meant them to be if each metal/product was rolled separately. Also a few other small tweaks, but nothing too big.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 04:02:43 am »

Just noticed this mod, nice too see some people got some use out of my metal mod.  As for my goal I mainly wanted Ore to get rid of the strange 'choose your metal' effect that occurred under many of the Ore utilizing reactions.   Also at issue was the fact that a binary ore reaction was twice as fuel efficient as single ore smelting which also grated on me.  Binary smelting is realistic but is a primitive and inferior method because the ratio of metals in the resulting alloy can not be controlled well.  If it could be done properly I'd have nothing against remaking the mod next version to include it if people miss it.  As for rolling each metal independently that would also be ideal, the current method which I call 'coin flip' is the best I could come up with, all bars are at a 50% probability but the number and type of bars vary.  It avoids very low fractions which could potentially rob you of a lot of metal if you get a long unlucky streak and it's easy to compare 'richness' of ores by just counting the number of times a metal is listed.  If I had my way though I'd make the random roll with in a range (example IRON[3-5]) allowing us to mod ores that are rich/poor and either consistent/inconsistent at will.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »

This mod looks nice. I just wish there was a complete list of every creature/stone/etc. so I could carefully pore over it, which I love doing. Unfortunately, that is not to be. Maybe I could start documenting everything once I get this mod (Which will probably be in a long time, if not at all, due to my sucky abilities at getting mods loaded, and all the downloading needed). Also, is there a tileset for this mod?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 [2]