Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unused now [CAN_CIV]?  (Read 1781 times)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unused now [CAN_CIV]?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:15 pm »

So, simply by applying "Woodcutter" and giving them a prefered  Wooded Biome (forest/Jungle that type) They should technically bring a crap load of wood?   cause the  Kobolds have "chopper (Woodcutter) but never bring wood, however there prefsite I believe is cave and therefore they don't do much in the way of woods clearing, hmm... wonder if I can make a race of scavangers who settle in town ruins.

No I don't think it works that way. Elves are not permitted the Woodcutter job, nor do they have an Axe based weapon option, yet they bring wood (maybe [WOOD_PREF] or [OUTDOOR_FARMING]). Humans and dwarves both have Woodcutters and Axes and bring wood, both lack [WOOD_PREF], but both have [(type of)_FARMING]. Dwarves bring above subterranean wood, humans above ground wood, elves bring above ground wood, neither humans nor dwarves start on Forest sites, elves are not permitted farmer jobs but are permitted herbalist. Neither goblins or kobolds have a farming token, they don't bring plants and they don't bring wood.

I strongly suspect that having [(type of)_FARMING] in the entity file causes the civ to bring wood of the appropriate type.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »

I'm testing it now,  added outdoor_farming to the gobbos and now we'll see what happens (After Regenning) I'd say "For SCIENCE!" but I'm not sure it's destructive/brutal enough to be considered dwarven science XD

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 01:37:02 am »

Wouldn't it make more sense to give it to a trading race so you can see the next fall or spring?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 02:10:42 am »

I'm testing this on Kobold Camp, if you embark close enough to the gobbos for they trade with you, the pain part is trying to get the fortress ready for the first traders, as I have a cougar now roaming my map and my hunter has since died, I also got some wolves

EDIT:
Science time ... well sorta:   Finally got my first group of Goblin traders, added from the arsenal of trade items (compared to a save without outdoor_Farming) shows they can now bring Rope-reed based products, but no wood at this time, but this is the first trade group we'll see next trade (though it maybe because I'm  on a heavily wooded embark zone too)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:32:18 am by Kaelem Gaen »

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CAN_CIV has lead to well sorta science, it isn't the brutal type
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 08:18:58 am »

BUMP~ for science that I edited into the last post, woops.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:26:09 am by Kaelem Gaen »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 06:43:54 pm »

There's a persistant rumour that the amount of wood a trading civilization brings you is dependant on how much empty space there is in your wood stockpiles. I've found this bears out in my personal experience.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 04:00:09 am »

There's a persistant rumour that the amount of wood a trading civilization brings you is dependant on how much empty space there is in your wood stockpiles. I've found this bears out in my personal experience.

My wood stockpile is 16.

Traders these days bring me around 40-50 logs. If they manage to survive the shurk/goblin sieges/ambushes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 04:38:58 am »

My wood stock pile is full cause up till that point I hadn't gotten a wood trader and I seemed to have embarked on a Heavily wooded area.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 10:38:09 am »

Well the first season on the test fort with an empty wood stockpile and the Gobs with OUTDOOR_FARMING yields no wood, then again I'm on a heavily wooded map and I dunno if it also checks the availability of wood on the map before bringing stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]