Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making elves send liaisons  (Read 1982 times)

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making elves send liaisons
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:54:45 pm »

What tag is it that makes humans send liaisons, and dwarves send liaisons? How would I go about making the elves do similar stuff so I can request some giant eagles? (For example)
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making elves send liaisons
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:03:06 am »

Add [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] to their entity file

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:52:10 am »

I'm not sure that [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] will do anything without the [DIPLOMAT] tag...
It may be a good idea to add [DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS] too or [MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS] just in case, since not many people like Elves... ;)
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

Elves already have the diplomat token.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 09:07:09 pm »

Must have missed that...Then I don't know since I haven't touched Dwarf Fortress in a few months, waiting for new release.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »

Give them [MAYOR] and [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] (however you spell the end part) this will let elves send liaisons.

but giving Dwarves [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] will cuz two liaisons (pretty much) one will be a guild rep. the other will be the village liaison.

Humans have the [MAYOR] and [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] but since they are not your parent civ they just send thier Guild Rep.

Thus allowing elves to send a liaison/guild rep

Did a quick check and Humans don't have [MAYOR] but I gave this tag to my elves for my modded version I play and they only send a guild rep. So the {mayor} part is a "my bad"

current modded elves merchant part
Code: [Select]
[MAYOR]
[MERCHANT_NOBILITY]
[DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS]
[MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS]
[SIEGER]
[DIPLOMAT]

Yes I have siege I made them Iron elves I was tired of having whimpy trade every spring, now I can trade for exotic pets and metal

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:43:05 pm »

I think it's MERCHANTS_NOBILITY.

I wouldn't be surprised if "tree quota" token replaced liaison with a tree quoting diplomat.

Yes I have siege I made them Iron elves I was tired of having whimpy trade every spring
Maybe removing treequoting AND adding MERCHANT_NOBILITY gave them a liaison? Maybe not :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:28:44 am »

I've got an Elf Guild Representative on my map right now, and all I added was  [MERCHANT_NOBILITY]. I can't confirm that they still send Diplomats to greet/tree quota you, but given that diplomats and guild reps are different entity positions, I don't think it would affect it at all. Humans, for instance, send both diplomats and merchant princes.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:37 am »

I added [merchant_nobility] to my game when I wanted to try to see if I could force priorities on animals, and less priorities on cloth... and nobody showed up as a liason.

Until, that is, my next game, since I left those lines in the raws.  I think that maybe the guild representative won't spawn unless you worldgen?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 06:26:09 am »

I added [merchant_nobility] to my game when I wanted to try to see if I could force priorities on animals, and less priorities on cloth... and nobody showed up as a liason.

Until, that is, my next game, since I left those lines in the raws.  I think that maybe the guild representative won't spawn unless you worldgen?

Changes to the Entity File always require a world regen.