Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Civilization Symbol is WHAT???  (Read 5568 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: My Civilization Symbol is WHAT???
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:08 am »

The elves are committing a depraved act?

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 10:44:12 am »

elf axeman with a steel axe!?

what is happenening to the dwarves!?

Obviously those elves are members of a dwarf civ.  That is the only way they can use steel items.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Mapleleaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

PURGE THE UNCLEAN

BURN THE HERETIC

KILL THE MUTANT

Burn this evil to the ground.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 12:57:01 pm »

Engraved is a well-crafted Kadol Kordamlogen rendition of a superiorly designed image of a elf.  The image is the symbol of The Patterned Razor, a dwarven civilization.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 05:06:37 pm »

Fools! An elf is the most dwarvenly image for a flag of all!

It can mean one of two things, in the tradition of King Urist the Great, who slaughtered no less then 50 elves with his bare hands after his axe broke. If it is a bloody elf, it implies the dwarves kill many, many elves. Of course, you likely did not look too carefully at the flag, so you missed the fact that the elf in question had been strangled with his own entrails.

On the other hand, an elf is undoubtedly a fearesome beast. I say beast for, though we all know the hippies are intelligent, they do not live under the ground or forge things of metal, and so are not truely civilized. No, they are beasts, and they are among the most bloodthirsty, fearesome beasts imaginable. When a dwarf puts a dragon on his flag, he is saying to his enemies that his wrath will be akin to that of a dragon. When he puts a goblin or a snake on it, it means to watch your lower tunnels, for he is crafty and cunning, and will come like a thief in the night where you least expect it. But when he puts an elf on his flag...it means he has many dwarven friends. And they will come for you without reason, and they will not stop coming until they are -all dead-. Yes, tread carefully around the dwarf who puts an elf on his flag, for he is easily offended, and a master of war.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 06:14:37 pm »

maybe just maybe its a dwarf... that looked just a like a elf, but due to something genetic he was taller....hmmmmm....

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 10:05:45 pm »

maybe just maybe its a dwarf... that looked just a like a elf, but due to something genetic he was taller....hmmmmm....

impossible, dwarves have remained short for so many generations because any that are tall or have pointy ears are immediately sacrificed.

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 01:34:42 am »

Err ... how about Elf bone bolts?  Is that more ironic than wood?  It is just and proper that Elves should be killed with irony ...
"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 07:27:55 am »

I notice that the civ is named "The Patterned Razor".

Dwarves obviously aren't going to use a razor to shave.

So put a dwarven razor and an elf together, and what do you get?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Captain Alchatron

• Bay Watcher
  • The Elbow of Ragnaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 07:46:18 am »

I notice that the civ is named "The Patterned Razor".

Dwarves obviously aren't going to use a razor to shave.

So put a dwarven razor and an elf together, and what do you get?

Alternatively, the dwarves do use razors, yet another sign of treachery to the rest of dwarfkind.
If you go up to someone and beat the hell out of them with thread, you not only defeat them, you shame them and their entire family for generations to come (providing that there are any survivors).
Various mouths were involved, and a soda can and a penny I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3]