Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I'm Evil, I give you...  (Read 4090 times)

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Evil, I give you...
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:21 am »

1 "Asbestos filter mask."

How would you get Dwarves to wear it? I've only seen masks on goblins. Would you have to add a preference for them to the Dwarf civ entity raw and even then would you have to draft the Dwarf to get them to wear it?
I don't know a lot about this. Would you have to make it a "helm" or "cap" or whatever to be used in game?

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 07:43:18 am »

How would you get Dwarves to wear it? I've only seen masks on goblins. Would you have to add a preference for them to the Dwarf civ entity raw and even then would you have to draft the Dwarf to get them to wear it?
I don't know a lot about this. Would you have to make it a "helm" or "cap" or whatever to be used in game?

Masks are categorised as a type of helm, with a layering, which does not seem to interfere with helmets or caps. From my experience, this is true. I may be confused about it, though.

The question was posed as to where asbestos-based stones can be found, and so I direct you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos

As for my "Anyone who is offended by asbestos hurting people is ignorant." statement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:50:00 am by shadowsofwhite »
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 11:48:06 am »

Masks are categorised as a type of helm, with a layering, which does not seem to interfere with helmets or caps. From my experience, this is true. I may be confused about it, though.

The question was posed as to where asbestos-based stones can be found, and so I direct you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos

As for my "Anyone who is offended by asbestos hurting people is ignorant." statement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok, but how do I get the dwarf to wear it. Do I have to draft and if so, how do I make sure he wears that instead of a helm or cap? Would it matter?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 12:00:08 pm »

Ok, but how do I get the dwarf to wear it. Do I have to draft and if so, how do I make sure he wears that instead of a helm or cap? Would it matter?

Shadowsofwhite nicely summarizes the issue as one of layering. There are thus two possibilities:

No problem with helms displacing masks, but I don't know how you would get the Dwarf to wear both other than perhaps locking him/her in a room with those items with drafting or perhaps hunting enabled.

2.) Layering does not support wearing helms and masks:

Major issue with this for obvious reasons, otherwise same as #1 above.

I don't know the answer to this question, but those are the two possible ones I see. Question, what layer is a mask considered? Would it be "over?"
As for drafting or hunting, I'd say yes, because I'm not sure how else you'd get them to wear it. That is unless of course you made a separate item for this completely that was a clothing level item, of course you still have the problem of getting dwarves to wear it....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]