Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold camp discussion  (Read 1091 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
Kobold camp discussion
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »

Just started playing kobold camp, and noticed a marked lack of discussion about it in general. 

I lost my first camp almost immediately.  7 Koblods cannot kill an alligator without severe losses, even if two of them have maxed combat skills.  I think 3 of them survived.  One of them was so depressed he went and stood next to a carp infested pool (or maybe it was sturgeon, I don't know).  I quit once I was down to one legless, one armed kobold stuck in bed. 

My second camp went better.  I immediately dug down and made some tunnels for them to live in.  I'm not talking about a DF style underground fortress, this is a maze of twisty passages, all alike.  Well, it's really more of a rabbit warren.  The passages twist all over the place, and randomly go up and down across z-levels.  It's far from effiicient, but who plays kobold camp to be efficient, right? 

Now I'm wondering what I should be doing with the little bastards.  They're no longer in any immediate danger, what with a champion laden military and a few weapons and crap armor to help out, so what modest project should these little buggers be working on I wonder. 

Also, on an unrelated (but related note), I've been making use of the many immigrants who have non obtainable skills, like masonry, but I'm wondering if I should.  It fits the theme of "you can't do it yourself" in a way, to have things like masons coming out of wherever kobolds come from, but once I have one suddenly one of my major limitations is just gone.  If I could obtain an anvil I'd be able to do anything a dwarf would, and that doesn't seem very koboldish. 

Also, when thinking about kobolds in DF in general, I think that the ability to send a kobold to pilfer something from a dwarven fortress would be awesome in all sorts of ways.  I'd make it a right of passage when the pups reach adulthood. 

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold camp discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:53 pm »

Well the reason theres a lack of discussion of it here is that its a DF Mod so it fits much better in the modding section.  ::)

my kobolds are -very- unkoboldish.. and can do almost everything the dwarves can do.
They just cant build everything dwarves can, but can do all the jobs.

and of course I'm limiting myself to shacks and such.. Although I'm planning out a kobold powerplant and energy network system.
It's truly difficult without being able to build corkscrews. :)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.