Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Jirica, From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community][Census Open]  (Read 2983 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then, seeing as I am quite bored. We shall start this new City...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Glory to the humans! ^w^
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Postpone of Embark.
Lack of Sleep has caused Math to be wrong and accidental loss of running window means I have to find another good group of Personalities. To those that have Embark Umans. What is it that you would love to have for your character, just a Key one and I will attempt to get it...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:53:17 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Some rude woman please. I am drawing a pic right now. Despite she's a farmer/cook, she's going to be superhumanly strong (assign her to some pump operating if needed) and will command other cooks with a strong fist :P. I will post a pic soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Here:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... Give me someone who worships an awesome god. One of death, preferably. That is all.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Friendly and childish, preferably =3 Likes to joke about everything.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I liked the personality you gave mine, so stick with that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah, I Keep getting Harems. 1 Guy 6 Girls...
The Personalities I had before were excellent but then I go and lose it due to hitting the wrong button. Gah...

I think I can get everything that you guys are asking for, except yours Killer, You can never tell whom an Embarker worships till you arrive at the Site... 

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

“Welcome to Jirica!!!” Announced Gyron as we came over the hill from the south.

Before us was a Rock Salt Hall in all its grandeur, its large shape filled nearly the whole Center of the City itself, it was amazing that it had remained whole while the small hovels we passed were half in Ruin. The wagon wheel dipped and bounced in every pothole in the ground and to my ears it sounded weak. I lifted my hand and opened my mouth but it was too late. It was as if the ground had opened up and swallowed us whole, down the wagon went into the remains of a Shop, its decaying roof giving way to the weight of it and it’s travelers…

Spoiler: Safe Landing (click to show/hide)

The Dust gathered around us, mixing with the dry sand that crackled from the loam around us. Looking around I noticed that half the walls that had once kept the roof up had given way, it was no wonder we fell. Coughing echoed around me as the others were coming to, the Muskox we had replaced the horses with a few days ago pulled at the reins in an attempt to get free…

“Fine go…” Coughed Shebi as she loosened the leather straps, the Muskox both trotted a few meters away from the wagon before turning around to come back. They at least knew there was no where to go…

Spoiler: The Animals (click to show/hide)

“Where are we???” Came the voice of Killer as he coughed up half a lung…

“It looks like the remains of a Shop, with the lack of strong walls, the roof caved in…” I muttered as I aided Diana to her feet. She pushed my hands away the moment she was upright, girl seemed to want to stand on her own, I’ll let her…

I noticed Gyron already scrambling up the edge and through the hole in the roof we had come down, “Listen.” Came his voice from above, “We need to bring all the stuff from the wagon and into the Mead Hall, I am gonna go look for čfa, She should be around here somewhere…”[/i]
Spoiler: Poor čfa (click to show/hide)

With a shrug I pulled the Barrel of Swamp Whiskey from the wagon, as I turned to waddle up the slope with the barrel over my shoulder I notice the stares I got from those remaining…

“What???” I asked them with great puzzlement…

Spoiler: Whats in the Wagon (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:03:09 pm by Neyvn »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Just a note, Neyvn. Even if their units list has a conflicting personality, you can always write with the chosen personality instead.

Also, hurrah! We've arrived! For a human town, any mining should be open air quarries. You know, mine down a mountain from the top down? Oh, and we need to get all the old ruins built back to normal!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7858-riseneagle

There is the map. Forgot to Collect it when I started.
I would do a Strip Mine, but for some unknown reason, when I gave over you Uman the Pick to begin some short work, She ducked down the hill and began to dig a short 3 wide Entrance that I don't think I designated... I have continued to be a Mine, Strip Mining would work if I had Magnetite or those large Cluster ones, but I am going to go Cavern Mining. You know with the little Mine entrance and wooden supports along the sides of the walls for stability, Humans know nothing on how to keep a mine strong, everything will be 3 tiles wide and nothing big and will be pretending the old Cavein system is on...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jirica, From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community][Census Open]
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:35 am »

ARGH!!!! Forgot that all the Constructs in the city become Mine on Embark. Got fucking Orcs in Summer, and due to there being no saftey Bunker or anything like that I got swamped cause there was no where to run to. And there was NO FUCKING SAVE TO GO BACK TO!!! FUCK!!!...

By the way. Coil got a name before he fell, The Ash of Singing. Got 7 out of the 14 Orcs but the 8th got past his arrows...

Should I respawn the world and try again???

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 11:27:16 am »

In the summer? Like, the very first summer?

Damn that's far too early for any reasonably interesting game to get started.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 03:51:24 pm »

Well I did have over 60k worth of points due to a Large Mead Hall build from Rock Salt Blocks that numbered well over 2000 Blocks...
Pages: 1 2 [3]