Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Jirica, From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community][Census Open]  (Read 2986 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community]
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 09:58:49 am »

With a casual glance through this thread, I've noticed that there may well be one more woman up for grabs? I'll take her.

Name: Shebi Asiworu (Asiworu is human for Spearsnuggle =3)
Desired Profession: Blacksmith
Purchased Skills: 3 Metalsmith, 2 Armoursmith, 2 Weaponsmith (40 points, if my math is right)
Purchased Items: One copper pick (20 points), 2 silver nuggets (40 points). Exactly one hundred!

EDIT:
I vote we name the place "Risingeagle" or something close enough. Because goddamn do I love birds, and in the last succession game I played my character was religiously fanatic about this one bird. He loved that bird so much. (The next player killed it ;^;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:46:24 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 10:23:17 am »

Lets just say after the fall of our empire there were a lot of domesticated animals running around and being domesticated animals they were easy to hunt.

And yeah, barrels. Gotta have barrels.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 11:53:06 am »

Spoiler: Deon (click to show/hide)

Our Cook of the Day. It seems that we will be having a good amount of animals to start our new home with. Though without a pick we would be unable to collect a stone to make a Mechenism with, seeing as we Umans keep forgetting to store the excess stone ourselves...

OK, add a cheapest stone for the mechanism too. Sorry that I forgot about that :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 11:59:48 am »

How about I use the last 3 points for sunberry seeds. Sunberry Sunshine for everyone.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:32 pm »

Hmm... 1 dog, then, and train it to a hunting dog status and assign it to me. Use the last points to buy strawberry seeds and fisher berry seeds.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:52 pm »

Spoiler: Doomshifter (click to show/hide)

We have a second Metalworker. And she grabbed a Pick from what was left at the Elves Village. But there is a problem, We Umans can't choose Stones or Raw Metals nuggets at Embark because we lack our stone Pref Tag. You have 40pts to spend...

Spoiler: Duke 2.0 (click to show/hide)

Hahahah Yeah good point. But then again the Orcs might have eaten them just as fast. Not that it matters, we have food that might last us a good while...

Spoiler: Deon (click to show/hide)

As I said to Doomshifter. Umans don't have Stone Pref so we can't choose Stone at the embark.

Spoiler: Gyron (click to show/hide)

It would be the Elves that have Sunberries mate, we don't. Strawberries???

Spoiler: Doomshifter (click to show/hide)

There is no 'ing' for Rise but there is one for Risen.
A new name for voting, Risengeagle - Jirica
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:38:24 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 04:37:43 pm »

Spoiler: 100killer9 (click to show/hide)

With the 5 Remaining points, did you want to just grab those kinds of seeds or just 1 of the best choices, (Strawberry, Fisher, Longlard, Ropereed and Whip Vine.)
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 04:51:00 pm »

1 of each choice works.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strawberries it is then. I'll put a vote for Riseneagle as well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:18:19 pm by Gyron »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Group Suggestion:

The Legendary Fire-Birds - Enusmokeman

Edit: ALSO. Looking back over the profiles, most of you guys are adding last names to your Uman, is this to be something in the Nickname, or are we expecting me to attempt to use a Utility to change what DF Genned for each Uman.?.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:41:32 pm by Neyvn »

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't have to if you don't want to. And Enusmokeman sounds good to me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Sister had said that the Axe was my Fathers, Heh, I barely knew the man. What he did or what kind of man he was. But still, when the Elves threatened to cast the ‘Vile’ Tool away cause it was used on their precious trees I remember that I had ripped and tore at the face of that creature with such mindless anger, even bit his ear tearing a large chunk from it. I think that I gained an enemy among the elves there. Turning the wooden handle over in my hands as I plodded along side our small wagon I couldn’t help but grip it tightly in an attempt to seek my father through it. It had been a heavy trek, winter’s end coming soon and only a short distance left to the City of Edtkem, talk was cheery amongst the others but I remained a few short steps behind the conversation, listening in every now and then…

“So what should we call our City…?” Asked one of the men, Gyron I think his name was, he was straightforward and easily slotted himself as a Leader Type.

“What do you mean, it already has one, Edtkem. Why do we need to rename it???”

That was from the youngest of the men, he said his name was 100killer9. When he announced that back at the Elvish Village all those years ago everyone around him looked at him like he was a fool and broke into laughter whose sound still echoes in the forest to this day. Even now I still chuckle whenever his name is mentioned, to this day we still edge him on about his zero count kills…

“Well, you see. We could be all that’s left of our Kingdom, we are rising from the ashes that were left from the past, the crumbling city that was has been falling apart for the last 33 years.” Gyron noted to the others as while walking backwards before the pack animals pulling the wagon. “Because we are going to a City that is no more, Edtkem is thus no more, it no longer exists but we will build on the ashes that once were. Understand???”

I could hear a giggle through the wood as one of the Girls that were sitting inside the wagon laughed, I couldn’t blame her, both Killer and Coil were looking at Gyron with a puzzled looks. The Boy had a way with words and seemed that the others still took their time to catch up…

“What about Jirica???” Came the femininum voice of Shebi, the reins around her wrists tightened as she slowed the pack animals as the wagon dropped into a pot whole in the dirt road that nature was slowly reclaiming. She never took her eyes off the horizon as she spoke.

“Old Tongue for Riseneagle? Heh Well now that sounds interesting…” Muttered Gyron to himself more then the others as he hopped over another hole in the road. Looking back his smile returned. “Well I like the name anyone else???”

There was a mumbled reply from the others, a smile already appearing on Shebi’s lips. The girl had always had a fasciation with birds, sitting with the Elves at a young age learning all that they knew. It seems that she had gathered a bit of knowledge of the Old Tongue as well…

“I guess you would like to name the Group while your at it too, Huh Gyron…” Grumbled Coil. Adjusting himself so he did not step in a patty that had just dropped from the rear end of one of the dogs that had been brought with us. “Your renaming our old City why not our Group as well…”

“Enusmokeman…” I muttered loudly from behind them, two heads popped over the wagons edge as the remaining girls, both Alan and Diana had looks of shock as if they had forgotten that I was even there, heck even the others before me looked back surprised… “What, I can talk y’know… It means ‘The Legendary Fire-Birds’, I mean we are bringing a dead kingdom back to life ain’t we? Like the Birds of Fire they speak back in the Age of Myths. Like the Phoenix…”

The open jaw of Gyron began to close and his feet began to move once again, though this time he walked forwards. In the air before him I could see his finger moving as if it was a quill over paper, “Listen all of you, we have a few days left to get to Edtkem, I mean Jirica, its not one person’s choice on this name thing, not one person’s choice on anything that happens after we get there. Think long and hard and get back to me before we arrive…”

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:57:05 am by Neyvn »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

If you haven't embarked already...

Change
3 metalsmith, 2 armoursmith, 2 weaponsmith to
3 metal, 3 armour, 4 weaponsmith. There should be leftover points.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well with your new stat change I can embark now. Did you want to spend those last few points on seeds or anything???

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well with your new stat change I can embark now. Did you want to spend those last few points on seeds or anything???
Strawberry seeds, if possible. =3
Pages: 1 [2] 3