Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Important Question!!!  (Read 3513 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Important Question!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »

If pressure plates worked properly (in my definition of properly, with a set-able delay) then it would be possible. As it is, they'll just drop dwarven sludge 100 frames later.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:11 pm »

Then ill just mod it to make it so they just drown in sewege.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 04:08:56 am »

Just imagine how fun it would look if some unarmed goblin (In Adventure Mode) sow ya' than shit himself out of fear ;p... And then when you charge at him he'll start to run trowing his crap at you :D
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 07:05:30 pm »

Just imagine how fun it would look if some unarmed goblin (In Adventure Mode) sow ya' than shit himself out of fear ;p... And then when you charge at him he'll start to run trowing his crap at you :D

Well, I think monkeys could be made to fling poo, but that'll be just too cliché. Anyways, the <<Battle Shit>> is just doesn't seem right :D
But I like the idea of certain creatures crapping their pants  in game when in shock or fear, that'll add to the "atmosphere" considerably (if you know what I mean XD). Imagine a lone recruit standing in the fortress entryway alone, the goblin horde is coming, and suddenly you notice something "Urist McRecruit cancels guard: crapping pants" and a new character materializes on his square --> ()

Heh, this is a shitty thread. The good kind :D

"We do it on the stove. It's nice to have hot sex for once...and fries"

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 07:08:59 am »

lol. So now, when dwarves sometimes flee in terror from a named enemy, they'd also drop loads and wet their pants?
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2009, 08:02:10 am »

lol. So now, when dwarves sometimes flee in terror from a named enemy, they'd also drop loads and wet their pants?

Why not? You'd crap all over your pants if you saw a dragon casually strolling through your front door...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2009, 09:53:02 am »

Why not? You'd crap all over your pants if you saw a dragon casually strolling through your front door...

Man, that would cause a lot of 'store item in stockpile' jobs :\

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:05 pm »

I wonder if the new military schedules will let us set a "brown trousers" alert.

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2009, 12:48:37 pm »

I wonder if the new military schedules will let us set a "brown trousers" alert.
Well, if that alert level is ever required, we can simply automate it to Pull The Lever™, sit back and watch the Fun™!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:42:55 pm by Playbahnosh »

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2009, 06:44:40 pm »

Could be helpful, if it (and blood, vomit, etc.) was actually slippery...
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Playbahnosh

• Bay Watcher
  • The Peacemaker
    • View Profile
    • PC Dome
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2009, 07:45:31 pm »

Could be helpful, if it (and blood, vomit, etc.) was actually slippery...

You mean, as a defense mechanism? I guess we shouldn't degrade dwarfs to the level of calamari, so dwarfs will shit and piss themselves to make their pursuers slip. That's just...uh...not right
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]