Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So,singleplayer steampunk airship games?  (Read 10256 times)

blazing glory

Re: So,singleplayer steampunk airship games?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 02:04:33 am »

My Skies of Arcadia senses were tingling. Best game. Ever.
Bloody shame the marketing was crap and it died before they got the PC version out.

On topic, I've seen promising things about a 2D indie game called Windforge. Its... sort of steampunk. Singleplayer and currently in... beta I think? It has ship customization building and an open world I believe. Looked like it was in an enjoyable state as well.

According to the steam page it's now out of beta,good thing to,I would've ignored it if it was early access,I'll be trying it out.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 09:30:21 am »

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 11:32:05 am »

There's flying heroes, but that was more of a unreal tournament with flying things.

Stratosphere would fit. It's pretty old and not exacly about airships... but i think you should check it out anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHqRnfv1aTU

Basically you manually build a flying island/fortress out of power generators batteries and large assortment of weapons/gadgets and try to survive the tough as nails campaign.
I remember playing the demo of this long ago and I'm tempted to try to find it when I get the time. Would you say it's still good or decent?
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 11:53:33 am »

The only problem is Stratosphere is nearly impossible to find. From what I saw, while it's offered for sale by some retailers, at least the one on Amazon will cancel because they don't actually have the product any longer.

this! I loved that game but can't remember the name

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 01:21:38 pm »

The only problem is Stratosphere is nearly impossible to find. From what I saw, while it's offered for sale by some retailers, at least the one on Amazon will cancel because they don't actually have the product any longer.

this! I loved that game but can't remember the name
Man, I played the shit out of the demo back in the day.  One of the best design concepts that actually got made.  REALLY want to play the full version...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »

Woa cant believe i havent seen Windforge mentioned here.... Basicle an action RPG where you can build airship out of flying whale corpse!!! among other things. Oh and chain-hook-grapper? check!

http://windforgegame.snowedin.ca/index.php?page=news
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 04:14:53 pm »

Woa cant believe i havent seen Windforge mentioned here.... Basicle an action RPG where you can build airship out of flying whale corpse!!! among other things. Oh and chain-hook-grapper? check!

http://windforgegame.snowedin.ca/index.php?page=news

Well,while searching around on steam I found a game that may or may not scratch that itch I've been having,called Windforge,while it's not exactly what I might've been looking for (seeing how it's sidescrolling) I'm willing to take a chance with it.

On topic, I've seen promising things about a 2D indie game called Windforge. Its... sort of steampunk. Singleplayer and currently in... beta I think? It has ship customization building and an open world I believe. Looked like it was in an enjoyable state as well.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 04:19:29 pm »

I remember playing the demo of this long ago and I'm tempted to try to find it when I get the time. Would you say it's still good or decent?

Can't say i played it ages ago. I just remembered the game when i saw the topic.
As for if its good or bad... i think it generally got reviews areound 7/10 so it was arther good.
Also note that the only thing i remember about the campaign is that it is balls hard.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »

What about "Project Nomads"?

OK, you don't actually pilot an airship... but a floating island. It's also a bit old and I never played it myself but IIRC the setting is pretty steampunk-like.

Might worth a look?

(Also, am I just trippin or did a very similar topic pop up on this forums mere days ago? Maybe I just need to get some sleep...)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

blazing glory

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 05:07:11 pm »

I've noticed a pattern going around lately,the older the game the better the gameplay the more recent the game is the better graphics you get.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 05:28:26 pm »

pong was junk tier go home Wait, this isn't the rose-tinted goggles thread, nevermind. Hows about dat steampunk? We actually seem to be getting some these days. Relatively, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 [2]