Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My accessible depot is inaccessible  (Read 3193 times)

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My accessible depot is inaccessible
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 07:24:20 am »

I had a similar problem with a river. River was going from south to north, the fort was to the west of the river, the caravans were arriving fine (from all three available directions). However when I built the bridge to the other side of the river and made it the only available route, all perfectly cleared and reliable - the caravan wagons could not find their way in. So I rebuilt the caravan route to a point on the my side of the river and everything worked fine.

The other side of the river was perfectly accessible for the civs on the world map. So I think that it's the initial location of the fort relative to the river feature that really matters.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My accessible depot is inaccessible
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:44 am »

The other side of the river was perfectly accessible for the civs on the world map. So I think that it's the initial location of the fort relative to the river feature that really matters.

Very possible.  I also had a bridge over a river, but I had NO caravans get through.  OTOH, my wagon dropped on the opposite side of the river from where I built my fortress and my first trade depot went down in the open as I had a surface encampment while I waited for my miners to finish prepping the new home.
Pages: 1 [2]