Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing stuff in cages  (Read 1370 times)

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing stuff in cages
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:07:46 am »

Two words.

Target Practice
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:34:19 am »

Curiously the hammerer is a very aggressive dwarf.

If you have the dwarven injustice system disabled the hammerer is actually very useful. You could, say, drop the goblins 3-4 levels into the hammerer's room. That fall will be enough to injure or cripple them, and then let the hammerer finish them off. That would train up the hammerer, and would put him to work hammering the actual enemies of the fortress!  :D

Alternatively, you can also drop the goblins into your barracks, or into a pit of war dogs.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 04:41:35 pm »

Even without jails, he still beats dwarves.

There's really no way to disable the justice system other than crippling all the guards and hammerers.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 07:41:24 pm »

Actually, if you never assign a Captain of the Guard or any Fortress Guards, nobody will ever be punished.  This annoys the nobles a bit, but who cares about them anyway (slightly more important ones like the Mayor can be kept happy with lots of other nice things).
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring
Pages: 1 [2]