Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hammerfall  (Read 8418 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Hammerfall
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »

Necropost!

Hammerfall is alive! It is call Hammerfight now and has a new homepage: http://koshutin.com/
There also is a demo (different from previously avaliable hackable trial) and promise that full version will be here soon.

Drat, can't...ahem, "tweak"...the new demo?   Also, curse my lack of Russian skills.  XD

KG

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2009, 05:09:00 pm »

Oh yeah! Hammerfall is a great band man, I ca- waait a second.. This isn't about hammerfall, the band! Not at all! >:|
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2009, 08:37:59 am »

Today, russian version was released. The price is 180 RUB (cca $ 6).
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2009, 11:05:30 am »

$6? Lol they've got to be kidding, if it stays that way I'm gonna buy it. Also, they seem to have added a link for an English demo, but it keeps 404ing.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2009, 04:07:33 am »

I think they made it too easy, I kinda stormed through most of the story like the opposition wasn't there. I did die a good few times, but there's too little opposition of the old alpha-level frustratingness, like the flamethrower machine or the lighting squids. (note: I didn't finish the story yet, and there are now more branches you can take) Too many good weapons may be the cause for that. Or some tweaks to the physics. I was just gearing up for the second Sophit fight (when you're captured), and, in a real "WTF just happened" moment, I insta-gibbed the thing when my downward swing met his upward charge with the tip of my sword. The game bullet-timed momentarily, and then there were coins and bodyparts all around. I'd imagine that the people in the arena that blinked at that moment would demand their money back.

That said, I like the fun new gamemodes. The old Grim mode has been remade into a proper level, and the new Grim promises to be pretty fun. The new Arena mode is a lot better than the old one, and the new Hammerball concept is interesting. Especially when you get too high of an advantage, when the ball turns into a spiky homing projectile that actively tries to avoid your swings (and yields 3 points for the enemy team, but 1 for you).

The story itself seems appropriately diverse, and the game feels even more like a 2D "Half-Life 2" - especially when you fly through sewer-like pipes and fight off manhacks. No physics puzzles yet though, unless you consider busting fairly obvious walls to be puzzles.

All in all, me likes. I'll buy it when I figure out the weird service thing they distribute it through. Or when/if they release it in physical form.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2009, 03:44:36 pm »

English version is finally out. 7 bucks

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2009, 02:35:44 pm »

God dammit.
I restarted the game because I wanted a Red Gem for my Greatsword and then i accidentally lost it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:51:58 am by Mindmaker »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2009, 03:30:41 pm »

Does anyone know if gems stack?
Or should I rather put 3 different ones in that artifact sword?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:05 pm »

Gems stack. Some cancel each other out, like Ice and Fire, obviously. The bestest combo (and safest!) is a large blood ruby, small lightning sapphire, and a small emerald. Fire is too destructive, ice tends to destroy stuff you want to pick up. Light is nigh useless. So, life leech + ghost mode + lightnings. Best combo I've found.

All-fire weapons can be fun in arenas with a lot of wood, all-ice are good only to get gems out of weapons, all-lightning are fun but not very practical (they'd be great in Grim if they didn't only work on metal), all-ghost are a waste (you only need one gem), all-light are even more waste (of a good weapon), all-blood would be nice in arena if you could get enough rubies.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2009, 06:58:57 pm »

And it's been released on steam for £4.99 or $9.99. I just thought someone might want to know. At that price it's a bargain.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:47 am »

Yeah, and for some reason it's now called "The history of HAMMERFIGHT"

Here's the site: http://www.koshutin.com/

You can grab a Demo here: http://www.koshutin.com/downloads/hammerfight_demo_eng.exe

It now supports mulltiple mice per PC, so you can plug in up to 4 mouses and fight on an arena.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:34:40 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2009, 09:45:01 am »

The differences I've spotted so far:

0) Ability to play with friends on the same PC.
1) The most important: it's possible to adjust the mouse sensitivity inside the game.
2) Various graphical tweaks, improved interface, "layers" (you see things happening on background).
3) You can now spend dinars in your training hall to buy armor pieces, weapons and different gear.
4) You can choose between a few mission right after the first one. I think it happens further. Basically you can follow a plot line with a set of missions but you can pick harder ones instead of "normal", and they are not just the same levels with harder difficulty, nom they are separate levels which are really harder.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2009, 09:54:04 am »

That is probably the dumbest name I've ever heard in my life.  I realize they probably had to do it because Hammerfall is already a band and probably other stuff too, but come on.

It's an alright game, though.  I'm not gonna buy it, but it's an alright game.
Shoes...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2009, 10:13:00 am »

At least enjoy the demo, it offers A LOT for a demo :).

And yeah, the author worked on it nicely.

1) Arena fights and reward/title system is upgraded and is really nice. There're different kinds of arenas, and even more titles which are based on your story and arena successes, with various attributes like colored bands etc.
2) AI is better. They now actually throw weapons and use new poisons and bombs. I've lost one arena fight because before I was able to see the attacker a spinning axe cut me in half. It's still easy to beat fpr me, but more interesing now.
3) Now you have more control over the things you pick up, I mean you have to press LMB to actually pick something, before you caught everything near you which was nat always nice. Controls are better in any case.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2009, 02:00:11 pm »

2) AI is better. They now actually throw weapons and use new poisons and bombs. I've lost one arena fight because before I was able to see the attacker a spinning axe cut me in half. It's still easy to beat fpr me, but more interesing now.

The weapon throwing is crazy ... my first thought was "WTF is going on?" ... my second was "hey, I am dead ..."

Anyway - does anyone know if choosing different missions has effect on story?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]