Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will a Recruit with a lopped off hand ever get out of bed again?  (Read 1709 times)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will a Recruit with a lopped off hand ever get out of bed again?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »

My one greatest work will about to be complete!!!

You have created a masterwork artifact middle finger, This is an adamantine finger and sparkles with diamond gems and bands of gold. Engraved upon it are the words "F*** YOU" Its divine power has been gifted from the gods.

"Hahahaha FEAR ME GREAT CHAMPIONS!" *Attaches Middle Finger* *Gives the bird*

You have been knocked unconcious, You have been stripped of armor and clothing, You have died.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 08:43:27 pm »

Even something like a lopped off Middle Finger.
Urist McAsshole cancels Give Finger: Too Injured.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 06:53:13 am »

Actually, losing fingers is fine, I've had a fisherdwarf lose his thumb to a goblin arrow, and after a few seasons he was out fishing again.

I've had other dwarves lose -all- their fingers on one hand, and still keep working, you can safely remove the fingers and toes from dwarves, and they will keep working, however, it will still cause them pain, and until they become tough enough they will stop work every now and then.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:36 am »

I have heard of a situation where an (armless?) Dwarf was holding a crossbow with his upper leg... and still firing...  ???

Anyone else remember what I'm talking about?
that sounds hawt

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 08:31:16 am »

I think it may be related to toughness. Dwarves with low toughness succumb to pain easily and won't work, while if the wrestler was already superdwarvenly tough he would have already gotten up. If the wound is gray and he isn't working, odds are he's an invalid for life. He won't gain any experience while unconscious, unless he gets a mood.

Toady is fixing this next version, I believe. Amputated limbs will scar over, eventually removing the pain. Not sure how the game will treat things like a missing leg, but eventually that missing index finger will just be a monthlong trip to the infirmary, not a lifetime disability.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:49:50 am »

One of my best champion marksdwarfs walks around with a mangled lung. He moves slightly slow, but shoots with the best of em. I think once it's clear that the would won't heal, they just get out of bed.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Barrel Roll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 04:51:26 am »

Alright, guess this guys days are numbered lol. He was a fresh draftee/Potash Maker I believe. His sacrifice will allow others to live on. Such is the life of a dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]