Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: well the first idea crashed  (Read 1255 times)

UndergroundTree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: well the first idea crashed
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 04:55:20 pm »

I couldn't wall off my loner dwarf because I had to have him first start getting the clothing. I couldn't forbid it because I had to sell it. However as for the arrow that was just stupid. The twin ambush occurred and from z-level 10 the loner rockets up stairs and out into the open.

The goblins absolutely slaughtered the 30 or so dorfs that were hauling stuff for the elven caravan to arrive. I was using the elves as a dump to get cloth bins to dump into the dorf caravan to get steel toys. (like 40 steel toys/instruments a caravan) Sometimes even adding as many as 10 steel anvils to my collection.

Anyway after he ran all the way upstairs. I figured rather than letting him die like a elf (they all of murdered running away) I'd set him to military. After absolutely mauling every goblin he was taken in by one of the haulers and almost left to starve/dehydrate. Even after i set off all the work orders except healthcare and food/water hauling on one dorf. I kept having the close the well for the "dorf urist mcdorf is throwing a party at the well" and such. So it was messing with the collect water orders. Then another immigrant wave, then ANOTHER immigrant wave. Then a siege. I said "forget this."
Pages: 1 [2]