Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Non-violent Games  (Read 5485 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-violent Games
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2009, 06:18:15 am »

Well there's also Anno 1602, 1503, and 1404.  For some reason the last one is called Dawn od Discovery in the US.

They have war parts.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 06:23:30 am »

If you're looking for a sort of strategy game thingy, then try rails. Also, you don't need to sign every post with your name, the signature thing works just as well.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2009, 07:14:45 am »

Preferably the building game is port style, such as building ships, loading them with cargo, and setting them to sail, while managing your port city.
Patrician III fits that description perfectly.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 07:29:31 am »

If you're looking for a sort of strategy game thingy, then try rails. Also, you don't need to sign every post with your name, the signature thing works just as well.

You're right, I don't need to sign every post with my name. But I will anyways. For me, it's the signing of the post that signifies the finishing of the post or reply. It's what tells me, 'Okay, this is how you're presenting yourself to the world. Are you sure this is what you want to say? If so, sign it with your name.' Obviously I don't do it for name recognition, as my name is kind of on the left of the post anyways. Nor do I do it as a form of habit, else a signature would be easier and less time consuming by all of half a second. No, I do it because it gives me another chance to think about what I'm writing, before the whole world can see it. A final confirmation box if you will.

As for Anno 1701 having war, the ships do occasionally have combat (I've been attacked by pirate ships, yay), but that seems to not be in the focus. Like just a sidelining of things.

I'll look into Patrician III and see what it is, thanks!

- Kayla
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:32:06 am by Kayla »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 11:30:04 pm »

While there is a bit of a war aspect, I am currently enjoying Light of Altair http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-LOA/light-of-altair

Mostly a colony building game, its light and fun. Decent story line. I read that is short, but for the price it is worth it I think.

I bought World of Goo and finished it in one sitting, so I am ok with a short game.
I got nothing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 12:22:18 am »

Thief

My Oppinion is this should be disqualified. It is as non-violent as Metal Gear Solid in the sense that "Sure it is Non-violent if you don't get caught" though that isn't EXACTLY accurate either... You still need to beat people up not to be seen.

When you first start playing you can quite litterally have to fight your bloody way out of every enemy you see.

Patrician III

Yep I agree! though it is a huge "What the heck am I doing?" sorta game. I still can't make a huge profitable buisness.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 07:51:37 am »

Start in Stockholm. Make a smelter, a sawmill and a workshop. Sell iron goods for huge profit at Malmo and Gdansk. When you get permission, open an office in Malmo and start a cattle and sheep farm. Make a textile mill, and sell cloth for huge profit at Stockholm. Open an office at Gdansk and set up a wheat farm and a brewery. Sell beer at Malmo and Stockholm.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]