Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Throwing Weapons in Dwarf Mode  (Read 4523 times)

chucks

• Bay Watcher
  • Have Cutlass -- Will Travel
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Weapons in Dwarf Mode
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 12:30:42 am »

I like the ideas of some weapons having a chance to return, possible taking wind into account.  I would also like to see a weapon (say a spiked steel ball) on a chain or cord or rope that can only be thrown so many tiles, but can be dragged back by the chain/rope.

As for spears and javelins breaking into shields and getting stuck, perhaps a dwarf could have a chance to ripping an opponents sheild away if he is grasphing a weapon stuck in the shield.  This is probably closer to how the weapons worked on a person-to-person combat leve.  Also, the weapons could have barbs and hooks on them, either providing an alternative explanation or another game mechanic for stuck in weapons that you can retrieve from the combat zone after it is safe.
Computer says 'No'.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Weapons in Dwarf Mode
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 09:45:21 am »

Well, chucks, I'd agree with you, but (IIRC) pilums were made to be effective at a distance, so that people would have to abandon their shields on the spot or break formation. So there should be some thrown weapons that just make shields unmanageable on the spot.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3]