Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: More Complex Weapons.  (Read 5697 times)

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
Re: More Complex Weapons.
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 12:26:46 am »

I approve of anything that let's weapons have more flavor, especially if it has some sort of in-game effect.

Personally, I want to be able to put ribbons or tassels hanging off of sword hilts. Their potential usefulness is a debate nobody wants to hear, even if this was the place for it. They don't need to do anything anyway, I just have to be able to know they're there.

(As to the tangential debate over double bitted axes: Wildland firefighters are given about a days worth of training on how to not injure themselves with their tools, and it's sufficient to stop most injuries short of the occasional rookie bonking his helmet, while limbing a tree. I've never met someone who actually injured himself with the back side of a pulaski.

The very real threat, of tripping and eviscerating yourself with your own shovel, on the other hand, is something that we are yet to remove from the game. A wildland spade can shear right through a mans arm, if the edge is properly rehabbed.

Now, axes that are both double bitted and double headed are either too unwieldy to contemplate, or so heavily re-designed that they aren't really axes anymore.)
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Re: More Complex Weapons.
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21:14 am »

Urist cancels fire deathstar realizes own demise.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]