Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SMART goblins?  (Read 2314 times)

Overdose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMART goblins?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 07:09:27 pm »

Be careful.  If they send a giant wooden horse as a token of reconciliation, do not, I repeat DO NOT let it inside your fortress.

Or cleanse it in magma first.
that wouldn't work against dwarves.....unless it looked like a giant booze barrel

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 07:17:12 pm »

Be careful.  If they send a giant wooden horse as a token of reconciliation, do not, I repeat DO NOT let it inside your fortress.

Or cleanse it in magma first.
that wouldn't work against dwarves.....unless it looked like a giant booze barrel

Urist: OI!!! THEY GOT US SOME BOOZE!!
Lor:I am kinda thirsty.... let it in
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:53 pm »

Wow, that's actually pretty cool.  Now we have to wonder if they were doing it deliberately.
I say you should take some of those prisoners and waterboard them until they tell you.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 11:30:04 pm »

I'm curious if anyone's been given a choice between a red or blue plump helmet spawn yet.

Take the blue spawn, and remain hauling stuff. Take the red spawn, and you'll see just how deep the glowing pit goes.

The real world is probably riddled with GCSs made of metal, farming Dwarfkind and processing them into "booze" to power their systems. We're none more than the equivalent of 1/7 magma apiece to these machines.

The ASCII has us.

Word of caution; be on the lookout for Agent Urist. He's the worst of the agents chasing us. I've seen agents swim through magma, dodge legendary +5 crossbow shots, destroy forts in tantrums. You see an agent, you run.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:56:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 12:22:03 am »

Just drop a few floors of floor on him, one dead agent.  The System will just mark him as being crushed to death and he will nevermore return from the darkness whence he came.

Then again, we are talking about A: Dwarves and B: Dwarven stuff.  Just start randomly pulling levers, one of them will be hooked to the Central Processing Unit of the System.  Problem solved.  Or possibly fort flooded with magma.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Akjosch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 03:44:40 am »

Wow, that's actually pretty cool.  Now we have to wonder if they were doing it deliberately.
I say you should take some of those prisoners and waterboard them until they tell you.

I don't know about you, but my Dwarves have [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:UNTHINKABLE] ...

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 09:23:29 am »

I don't know about you, but my Dwarves have [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:UNTHINKABLE] ...

I don't know about you, but my Dwarfs have [ETHIC:SPRINKLE_WATER_ON_NOSE:NOT_TORTURE]. These are dwarfs, and the random stuff they do as part of day to day life is nothing compared to water-boarding. Those hoity-toity pansy goblins are in for a surprise when they are made part of the silk farm...
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma
Pages: 1 2 [3]