Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trader/hunter problem...  (Read 1093 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Trader/hunter problem...
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:33:08 am »

It sounds to me like nobody is allowed outside, or they can't find a path outside.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 05:05:34 pm »

How DARE you? An ELF? I'm not proposing to eat them RAW, you know. Just cook them up with a little cat meat, camel tallow, and some quarry bush leaves.

Now that you make the distinction that you'll cook them, it makes the idea of eating another sentient race somehow palatable.

tomas1297, what are your dwarves doing? Do they go outside? Do you have a woodcutter going outside to cut trees? What sort of cancellation messages are you getting, if you are getting?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 03:23:28 am »

No cancellation messages,dwarves can go outside.Woodcutter is cutting trees.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

yggiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 03:30:54 am »

No cancellation messages,dwarves can go outside.Woodcutter is cutting trees.

I have no clue what is going on. My mayor/bookkeeper/trader's day job is trapping, and I have also set him to hunt in his off hours. Hunting unarmed and unarmored, but he is multiple legendary, and I only do it when there's mountain goats or foxes or similar running around.

He wrestles his prey just fine, and brings it back to the fort with no problems.

Keep an eye on the bugger. If he does anything else that might hint at what the problem is, maybe we can solve it.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 04:08:33 am »

I already mentioned everyone starved to death.I was answering those questions from my memory.I remember checking everything.Must be a bug.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 01:02:59 pm »

Did you dissable, then re-innable hunting after the task was aborted.  In my first fort I had a problem with my hunter stuck trying to path to an animal that had just left the area, and he ended up just sleeping atop the mountain for years on end.
Pages: 1 [2]