Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Auto Slaughter for kittens  (Read 1857 times)

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Slaughter for kittens
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 06:41:31 am »

Castration of male pets is a future goal, which will certianly help with this.

Or maybe just fix cats themselves so they're not so annoying.

Is they weren't leaving rotting lizard remains all over my fortress, I'd have no need to slaghter them in the first place.

If that's your biggest cat-related problem, consider yourself lucky.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:26:53 pm »

But the female pets are the problem, I like to release some of my male cats and only have one female free to make sure they don't all die from old age...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

scale_e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 08:30:44 am »

Or maybe just fix cats themselves so they're not so annoying.

Is they weren't leaving rotting lizard remains all over my fortress, I'd have no need to slaghter them in the first place.
So... a population of 150 or so cats doesn't slow down your machine?
What've you got running under the hood there?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 11:19:36 am »

The whole catsplosion scenario will be fixed when Toady implements aging and death from it in animals. I'd just wait till then instead of asking him to bandage the problem.

You got it exactly wrong. Catsplosions are the solution. The problem is boredom from not having kittens vs. naked goblin deathmatch arenas, kitten-targeted ballista training exercises, magma-lined deathmarch alleys where all walls and floors are hot until the kittens die of heat death, drowning chambers and kitten-parts producing towers of death and hell, and collapsible rooms for the crushing of dozens of cats at a time.

See?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 [2]