Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your training regimen  (Read 3643 times)

Zander J

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Your training regimen
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 11:56:21 am »

strangle an undead creature. it's not cheating, and you become a brilliant wrester with great base stats
Quote from: Toady One on January 21, 2012, 09:22:43 pm

Dwarves are still stupid.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 04:00:40 pm »

I've found that jumping in a carp infested stream with a novice swimmer with at least proficient in a weapon is a good way to level up several things. Start by chasing carp, preferably upstream. Pretty soon there will be fifty or so fish running from you. Next you duck back around a corner, sneak, and then ambush some of the stragglers. Chase some more and repeat as desired.

Not only is it a good way to train swimming and weapon/armor/shield use, but it's very satisfying, too. You just have to watch out for getting stuck in the middle of a huge group of fish. But you can always just climb onto the bank.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:19 am »

oh this thread made me laugh.

so the training instructions to make a super dwarf as per this thread -

wear a full set of heavy armor, take an axe and shield and dive into a carp infested river.

swim against the current, chase those bastard hellspawn fish upriver, then ambush the stragglers and slay them mercilessly. if you get injured, just jump out of the water and walk it off you pansy.

when you are highly skilled at that, go and find an undead creature and attempt to strangle it to death. only stop when you are so strong and skilled you accidentally pull its head off.

you are now ready to rape the world. although people who fire arrows will probably still kill you.

throwing is still boring to skill up, but every other bit of this training regime sounds like much more fun then what i do normally.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 09:35:55 pm »

Double check to make sure that there are no ALligators or Hippos, as they will mercilessly die a horrible death.  But!  Then another will show up and kill you.  It happened to me.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 05:54:26 am »

Sell some stuff for coins, (200 or 300 is good) and throw them all. Once you trow about 600 coins you will be legendary
Actually you don't need to sell anything for training. Just get shopkeeper's coins out of the chest and throw 600 right there, in the shop. Shopkeeper wont mind
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:28 pm »

*In a local Human Store*;
Costumer: "Hey Mike how come all your coints are dented? Dont you have any real change?"
Mike the Shop owner: "Some crazy dwarf came in took the coins and started throwing each single goddam coin on the ground, now they are all dented."
Costumer: "So why didnt you stop him?"

*Out of the dark a gold coin comes flying and rips the Costumers head off*

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 01:22:41 am »

oh i love creative mispellings. costumer, as in he makes costumes? this puts the image in my head of the costumer customer wearing really elaborate and amazing clothes with a huge peaked collar, with a little hanging rack of wares sticking out of each shoulder, and talking in a really snobbish way about the defacement of currency.
Pages: 1 [2]