Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding questions...  (Read 1123 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 06:03:32 pm »

The point is, we don't really know if the entity name does anything hardcoded for certain, but from my modding experience it doesn't and you can name your entity LOLRANDUMPENGUINSXD or whatever. As long as it still has the same other entity tokens/tags as gobbos, it would act like them.
Actually, what makes the game call kobald thieves "skulking" is the tag that causes them to send thieves to steal your treasures.  The game calls the Skakdi of my LEGO mod "skulking" when they send thieves, even though the entry title is not [ENTITY:SKULKING].  What makes the game say that a vile force of darkness has arrived is, I believe, the fact that goblins have the [EVIL] tag.  The skakdi are also described as such when they send a siege, and they too have the [EVIL] tag.  Human sieges don't normally get that message.  Elves, humans and dwarves live in the areas they live in not because of their [ENTITY:x] tag, but because of the biome and site type tags further down the list.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 03:38:57 pm »

ok, so something flagged as [Entity:Sinister] wouldn't cause a problem.  Damn I was hoping it was something simple.  Thanks guys, I'll keep looking it over, but I still need to playtest the mod to see if Naze and I were right about where the problem is.

Any suggestions for how to update a mod from 39E to the current 40D?
Demon of Darkness

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 03:40:32 pm »

ok, so something flagged as [ENTITY:SINISTER] wouldn't cause a problem.  Damn I was hoping it was something simple.  Thanks guys, I'll keep looking it over, but I still need to playtest the mod to see if Naze and I were right about where the problem is.

Any suggestions for how to update a mod from 39E to the current 40D?
Fixed that for ya.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 [2]