Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My food stockpiles overflow  (Read 2039 times)

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My food stockpiles overflow
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »

Cook the food, trade the food, and in the meanwhile set your farms to produce economic plants like pig tails/rope reed, dimple cups, etc.
IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 06:17:15 pm »

Destroy the vast majority of your farms. 

I have a fortress of 240 dwarves surviving with a surplus on 6 6x1 farm plots (plus hunting, fishing, imports and butchering), that means you have about six times as many farming squares as I do.

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 07:30:06 pm »

I could see online play/trading being somewhat reasonable as long as both players are using the same generated world, so that the total resources aren't absurd. There isn't a LOT of adamantine to go around in a single worldgen, is there?

A bigger problem would be coordinating the two games so that time passes evenly, even if the two only interact through time-delayed trade or sieges/ambushes - and if each player is allowed to play on their own when the two aren't both on the server. It might be possible to have time pass for both locations as long as one player is "connected" if dwarven necessities of life are automated/simulated for the player that isn't connected: food/booze production based on farming, wildlife, and animal stocks, and sane use of automated defenses (traps) and military intervention.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 08:07:13 pm »

There is adamantine on every mountain tile of the world map.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:56 pm »

And there was over 400 units of it in the single pit that I cleaned out in my last game.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 08:38:47 pm »

though i suppose if it were spread out over enough people, its scarcity would be exemplified.

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 12:02:39 am »

There is adamantine on every mountain tile of the world map.
Welp, scratch that plan.
Pages: 1 [2]