Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleepers  (Read 2448 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepers
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:09:00 am »

I find it damned near impossible to convert high wisdom, low heart conservatives (anchors, scientists, CEOs, etc).  I can drop their wisdom with one or two beatings and maybe some sleep deprivation.  However, they usually start with 1 heart, I think sometimes 2.  Either way, that's too low, so one their wisdom drops very far they just start shuddering and crying.  It's almost impossible to recover from that situation, even when they like your highly skilled interrogator.  Hell, even if you succeed in raising their heart a point or two it almost always drops again in a crying fit.

It's hard enough to convert janitors and other relative wimps because of this.  Nigh impossible for the big boys.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:14:00 am »

well technically you can convert a wreck, if you have a charming interrogator (through Stockholm syndrome).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 08:54:00 am »

That's exactly my tactic. I've converted something like 5 Anchors, all with about 1 heart and 14 wisdom.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

I converted my second kidnapped person with my relatively newbie(50 juice) founder. Both persons were lawyers. My char had 14 heart, 1 wis and 3 interrogator skills.(And he also had 4 persuasion and 2 law that probably helped.) The first "subject" had about 6 heart, 7 wis, 7 health and I went rough on him. I tried a number of combinations of pressure but he always lowered his heart alongside his wisdom, became 1 heart, 1 wisdom, 5 health in about 6 days and suicided immediately after. Good thing the interrogator skill progressed to 4 as a result.
 The second one was kind of easy/lucky for me as he as a conservative lawyer had 8 heart, 7 wis and 3 health. This one had perfect (except tied up) treatment and a debate every day. In 3 days he lowered his wisdom by 1, upped his heart by 1 and then had a conversation that raised the wisdom of my founder to 2 and he started to like his interrogator. 2 more days of debate, I untied him in the end and immediately got my first ever sleeper.
 P.S. Getting wisdom to 2 is probably not so bad as it will probably rise skill limit on law to 4 making my founder even better in court.
 P.P.S My first post about LCS. I'll get to the code one day if LCS would still have something useful left to implement by that time.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Another:
<STRONG>I converted my second kidnapped person with my relatively newbie(50 juice) founder. Both persons were lawyers. My char had 14 heart, 1 wis and 3 interrogator skills.(And he also had 4 persuasion and 2 law that probably helped.) The first "subject" had about 6 heart, 7 wis, 7 health and I went rough on him. I tried a number of combinations of pressure but he always lowered his heart alongside his wisdom, became 1 heart, 1 wisdom, 5 health in about 6 days and suicided immediately after. Good thing the interrogator skill progressed to 4 as a result.
 The second one was kind of easy/lucky for me as he as a conservative lawyer had 8 heart, 7 wis and 3 health. This one had perfect (except tied up) treatment and a debate every day. In 3 days he lowered his wisdom by 1, upped his heart by 1 and then had a conversation that raised the wisdom of my founder to 2 and he started to like his interrogator. 2 more days of debate, I untied him in the end and immediately got my first ever sleeper.
 P.S. Getting wisdom to 2 is probably not so bad as it will probably rise skill limit on law to 4 making my founder even better in court.
 P.P.S My first post about LCS. I'll get to the code one day if LCS would still have something useful left to implement by that time.</STRONG>

This tactic works beautifully. I got up to:

Int: 7
Wis: 8

Persuasion: 3
Interrogation: 3

And got a lawyer sleeper. I got two convincing enough to not be considered a kidnapping. I never even untied him.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »

I find two days of sleep deprivation and darkness alternating with 1 day of light  works very well to avoid damaging whatever heart your subject has.

Also, is interrogation based on intelligence or charisma?

Pages: 1 [2]