Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sleepers  (Read 2447 times)

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sleepers
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »

HOW THE **** do I get a sleeper? >_>
[/vent]

Okay. I've been at this for hours, systematically torturing every individual I could until they died. My interrogation skill is 23 and for some reason I can't manage to turn someone before the authorities are alerted. I must be doing something wrong. If anyone has a clue how to do this I'd really appreciate the help.   :)

edit: Oh.. well, i didn't see the thread on interrogation. my bad.   :roll:

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: John Gaden ]

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:34:00 pm »

EDIT: Beaten to the punch...by the author.

I beat the game using soley sleepers...

Wooty's Sleeper Strategy:

Talk to conservative.
Give cheesy pick up line to said conservative.
Kidnap the conservative son of a bitch on your date.
Spend 20$ a day 'turning' them. 100$ for Judges and other important people.
Turn them within 2 days. If the kidnapping is reported, kill em and dump em.

I got over 117 sleepers from every issue category (secretarys, prisoners, police, lab workers, hillbillys , a sleeper lawyer (GOOD!) and 5 sleeper judges (BETTER!). Then I got in prison for 18 years for kidnapping, assault, theft, and brownie selling. (sleeper judge gave me an easy sentence) By the time I got out, the country was so damn liberal they passed a constitutional ammendment making all supreme court judges elite liberal. I won the game shortly after.

That game was fun.. I think I'm going to go play LCS now    :D

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

Hmm.. It seems you're referring to the old versions, where it was a simple "pay x$ to convert." It has changed substantially in the newer official/unofficial(there's a thread) version 32_320_alpha. We get to torture them now!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

I cant seem to find it... Could you post a link/direct me to it? The link on the Bay12 main page is the version im using...

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

Yeah, John Fox handles the development of LCS now.   He has added a lot of cool stuff and not too much bad stuff.     :p

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:51:00 am »

$500 a day was enough for a couple hanging judges and anchormen.   :)  It's not guaranteed, and it's expensive, but quite worth it in the cases of judges and other tough sorts.

I ought to try getting farther in LCS... not like getting tons of cash is hard, just takes some time to grind it up.

Edit: Posted before I knew there was a new version; I only knew of 3.09. :/

[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: BDR ]

A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

Still need help with interrogation! Has anyone developed a decent strategy for converting conservatives?

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »

Heh, I can get money easy - recruit about 30 crackheads and solicit donations for  a month, you'll have more money than youll ever need...

And interrogation strategy...Not really. The only way I can turn them is argue with them for a long time, beating or torture just makes it worse.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 08:57:00 am »

darkness is your friend. because it is non-damaging to health.
other than that I use sleep deprivation and drugs.
once they:
a)have less the conservative helath.
or
b)start to feel bad i.e. weep, fear or mumble.
I stop all but the darkness for a few days.

with skill 10 I convert maybe 1 low-level out of 10 into a sleeper.
and I never ever have anyone die on me.

after a year of work I got a lawyer and I'm yet to get a judge/TVP/CEO kind of sleeper.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

Managed to subvert my first conservative janitor sleeper! On and off with darkness+no sleep works pretty well. Apparently I was too quick to starve and/or beat my victims previously.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 07:30:00 am »

Before you start trying to get sleepers, train up your lead's juice a bit, maybe to 200, or upwards, then start. The stat boost will be useful.  Also, darkness and sleep deprivation let me get my first "College Student" sleeper, earlier today. Yay for not-too-brutal interrogation.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 12:46:00 am »

My personal interrogation strategy is this:

1. -DO NOT- interrogate -OR- beat them with your main interrogator, for the first few days. During this time, never let the captive see your face. OR, you can beat them, but you need to not have your main interrogator involved this early in the process. The captive -will- remember -anyone- who they see treating them roughly -- if you starve them, then send in your guy to talk, and your guy doesn't give him food, he's going to hate your guy because he'll see your guy as the one responsible for starving him. He's not going to be amenable to your guy's point of view at all -- trying to argue with him then, he'll just lose it further. By avoiding both verbal interrogation and beatings, or by using throwaway interrogators when attacking them, you can ensure the target never associates the face of your best person with "evil". At the moment the system is pretty harsh about this, much more than it should be, and it's not very transparent -- you don't get any feedback that shows that the person associates your interrogator with the rough treatment they got. But as long as you follow this rule, you can experiment with being rough, and use this time to crush his wisdom.

2. When the target's wisdom hits 1, turn everything off all at once, and make this day the "grand entrance" for your lead interrogator. The good cop has arrived to save the day, with a clean slate record! From now on, always be nice with them. Drug use is okay, but risky. Try sticking to nice talks. If you're feeling lucky, you can even untie them. Letting them roam freely in a back room will make them feel better about whoever you have questioning them. Watch out though -- keeping them tied up keeps them from causing trouble. If they escape, better abandon your safehouse quick, because they'll tell the police EXACTLY where you are!

3. Profit!

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

I know this topic is really old, but I've got a good tactic for getting sleepers.  Managed to convert 3 news anchors so far.  First of all, I kidnap one. Just ask them out and then "Kidnap the conservative bitch."  Then, leave everything at default, but deprive them of sleep, turn off the lights and deprive of food.

Just let them crash until they get to 1 wisdom and 1 or better heart.  At this point, re-introduce food and hope the conservative got to like you.  Automaton enlightened, hopefully.  I had about 18 interrogation skill, and roughly 250 juice while using this tactic.

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Mercutio Valentine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! :P

(Sad that that's generally a bad idea.)

Pages: [1] 2