Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Negotiations  (Read 967 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Negotiations
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:19:33 pm »

Does anyone actually give the traders what they want? Double value on necessary things really isn't enough to make me devote new peasants to mass producing backpacks, socks, and iron goblets.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Negotiations
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:24:18 pm »

I generally have a craftshop or four always producing stone mugs, crafts, toys and instruments. If a liaison says the mountain home is picky this year, I'll cut the stonecrafting down to match their desires. Otherwise, it's all the rocks I don't want get exported.
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 03:33:39 pm »

Well, if I had a good way to keep track of what they wanted and who wanted them other than writing it down twice a year somewhere, maybe.  As it is, I just kind of look and say, oh, double value on crowns, that'll be good for the stonecraft sales...  sort of like with nobles price settings and wages, where I have no way to change them, so it is just irrelevant information to me.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 03:36:35 pm »

You can view the trade agreements again at the [c]iv screen. Look for the human, dwarf, elf, etc. civ you have a trade agreement with and look at what deals you have with them.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 03:39:06 pm »

You can do that??
Man, this game has hidden crap all over the place

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:52:09 pm »

IIRC though, one problem with that is that when the caravan actually arrives you can't view it anymore because the liaison has arrived and is going to make a new agreement.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 05:16:13 pm »

I give them what they want if I have it on hand.  I don't go out of my way to stock up on it though, since I usually have more (narrow giant cave spider silk socks) than they can carry anyways.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Khain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:05:23 pm »

I can usually buy everything I need and a few things that mak me think "oooooh that would look pretty in my stockpile" with the clothes from goblin ambushes
Khain is a dubious worshipper of Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 08:09:58 pm »

When they're offering 200% on anvils, which have such a high modifier as it is anyway....   I mean, I had a masterwork anvil go for 24000+  Once.   More than enough to buy out almost everything they had.

But usually I produce so many crafts, it hardly matters.  It helps when you have a map with flux to make crafts out of.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 09:46:23 pm »

They always want shoes though. I mostly sold them for a silly amount of leather. I felt like Milo Minderbinder.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 05:32:20 am »

Except maybe for the first 1-2 years, where the price I get might make the difference between being able to buy some expensive goods (like anvils) or not, I donīt  care too much about the percentages.

From year 2 on I normally donīt have a problem to buy all that I want, no matter what percentage, either with tons of stone items and prepared meals or with lots of goblin stuff that their former owners donīt need anymore in their afterlife