Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unintentionally bad ideas  (Read 2017 times)

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
Re: Unintentionally bad ideas
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

A bedroom complex carved out of pitchblende.
Dwarves don't need night-lights if they glow in the dark.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

Hmm...there was the time I accidentally mined out the wrong tile next to a lava tube.  Before I knew it, the bottom of my fortress was completely flooded with magma.  I had to seal of the lower levels and my main staircases because there were flaming dwarves and miasma and smoke pouring out of them.
Now, the weird thing was that my only surviving dwarves were the two or three who had been having a party in the statue garden/dining hall/meeting room.  My statue garden was a 4x4 room on the bottom floor.  I'd managed to save them by sealing the doors to the room, so they ended up trapped in a tiny room surrounded by magma.  Sometimes I wake up nights, I can hear them banging and screaming...
So, when I reclaim the fort, that's just about the only way down into the mountain that's not on fire.  So, I drill a tunnel down into the area, but...man, I just couldn't keep it together...the miasma poured out of the room, and the bones...I just gave up on that fortress.

You know, I'm starting to want to run an experiment.  Line up some pitchblende and cave it in...

"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Goose:
<STRONG>You know, I'm starting to want to run an experiment.  Line up some pitchblende and cave it in...</STRONG>

Oklo, the Rocks of Glowing.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.
Pages: 1 2 [3]