Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wrackedmoon - Meddling in Things Dwarf Was Not Meant to  (Read 3440 times)

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrackedmoon - Meddling in Things Dwarf Was Not Meant to
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 07:52:00 am »

Name: Dr. Ravus Maniacus(male)/Raven Maniacus(female)
Profession: Mason or Mechanic
Note: Formerly an archaeologist, Dr. Maniacus was one of the leaders in an expedition to uncover the remains of the legendary fortress Boatmurdered. While the fortress was found, a runaway magma spill unwittingly triggered by Dr. Maniacus himself/herself destroyed much of the site and killed the rest of the expedition. Nevertheless, Maniacus was inspired by the ruins to create a magma flooder equal, if not greater, in scale and power to the one found at Boatmurdered and has for this reason chosen to join the umbral organization.

[ June 11, 2008: Message edited by: RavingManiac ]

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: RavingManiac ]

Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

Oookaay....

Umbral Organization? Really...

Anyway, give me an immigrant, a mechanic if possible. (dwarf companion anyone?)

Name: Dr. Igor Fenkenerstain
Interests: Corpses and Demons
Plan: To create a creature that is cobbled together from corpse parts and infused with demonic power. Namely, a tentacle demon.
He also wishes to research Demons and try to control their power and bend them to his will.

This fort would be even better if it were succession... Everyone builds a scientific device.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »

I'll have a mason named Gallows. if there is no wood on the map, he'll be a wood cutter as well.

Gallows thought that he was being sent to a SAFE fortress, but instead he ends up in this strange research place. Gallows becomes VERY paranoid. He builds lots of solid doors and walls. He demands to have a room protected by two stone doors, one metal door, and one drawbridge.
He would also like to have an emergency magmafall curtain for last ditch defense.
If the magmafall floods the room and kills him, I'll be very happy.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

Expedition Leader's Report, 4th Granite, 1051

I've ordered the miners to dig a small passageway into the eastern peak and a seat of stairs leading down, and the security personnel to put their axes to some use and start cutting down trees. I've no doubt we'll need them for something else in the near future, but for now they'll be our designated woodcutters.

I've taken the opportunity to go over the files Umbral sent with me on my new companions. They are attached, with my commentary:

Harlemagne is the dwarf I managed to build up some level of raport with on our journey here. A charming young woman, although she appears to be a bit insecure.

Obsidian is our other miner. I don't know her all that well, though I'm assured she's quite competent.

This is Celå, our engraver and mason. You will notice that she is listed as Expedition Leader, Outpost Manager, Bookkeeper, and Outpost Broker. I believe this must be a typographical error, since the Umbral dwarves certainly act as if I hold those positions.

Urvad "Newb" Monomlogem is assigned to work as security chief for the research facility. Do not inquire as to the origins of his nickname. Trust me.

Snugglebear is another axedwarf. Until such time as the denizens of this mountain actually attack us, she has been assigned as farmer and bookkeeper.

Again, do not inquire about the origins of her name.

This is Guy, another axedwarf. She has been assigned to woodcutting on the grounds that I can't take anymore of these names.

And, of course, myself. Currently wishing I was anywhere but here. In addition to my regular duties, I've been thrown all the odd jobs - carpentry, architecture, and occasionally mechanics, until we get someone more qualified.

- Reg Kandomas

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

Expedition Leader's Log, 12 Slate, 1051

We've begun work on the base settlement, a complex directly below the eastern peak. We started by carving a pair of corridors leading west towards the valley, in an attempt to identify a large enough patch of silt to set up the farms.

The silt is honey-combed with pools. They were initially frozen, but around the 20th of Granite they thawed out, so we needed to place the farm plot carefully. We eventually found a location northwest of the main staircase, and dug out a large underground farm plot and a small food stockpile, celebrating this magnificent occasion by getting ourselves roaring drunk.

We carved out a living area of three by three rooms off a narrow corridor east of the main staircase. I plan to repurpose this area as a barracks once a proper residential district is constructed lower down the mountain, but for now it will serve as our living quarters.

We've also encountered a small problem with the placement of the trade depot - apparently, Harlemagne informs me, there is no actual way for a wagon to access the peak. My attempt to point out that our wagon has accessed the peak just fine was ignored, so our next project will be extending the main staircase down to a low enough level that we can start constructing a viable location for a Trade Depot.

The base settlement is largely done. Tomorrow, the work of building Wrackedmoon starts in earnest.

- Reg Kandomas

notxmania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

I suppose I'd like to reserve any metalcrafters that come by. I don't need a particular name.
Screw this I can't think of a sig and this will be an eternal reminder of my writer's block and frustration.
Pages: 1 [2]