Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13521 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 12-
« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2024, 12:12:56 am »

The Fire of Esulom

Without the Fires of THETHIRDSUN, the entire world save for Gempria was doomed to once again fall in another an age of darkness. Indeed this grave era would have come to pass, were it not for the Mana that had spread into the skies: when the world lost its light, the Sky-Veil started emitting a gentle light of pale and blue from the Mana it had become imbued with. As Fire disappeared, Mana took its place and is called Esulomite Fire to distinguish it from Old Fire.

Mortals are now dependent on mana devices to generate fire, lest they freeze to death as the temperature of the world have greatly dropped now that the inner fire of all things is being stolen. Esulom and the Manafolk nations had no problem adapting to the change, but for those of Gempria, the period of adaptation was a dark one where many died of hunger and cold until Esulomite Fire could be provided to all.
THESUN considers this event in light of the nature of their vesssel as THESECONDSUN, THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame. THESUN hopes this is a sign that the Sky-Veil project is working, otherwise the occurrence of an Age of Darkness is odd, a glitch in the prison?

Major Intervention: Craft a mortal champion

THESUN in mourning for the terrible price they are paying for their past actions, casts of most of its feathers shining with solar radiance, dimming noticeably. (THESUN -1 Awe)

Then they weave these feathers into a elephantine mechanical spider made of orichalcum, imperishable golden sunmetal of great strength and durability. Behind its head shines a halo of SUN-feathers.

"And your name shall be Strive-For-Excellence."

Strive-For-Excellence is incredibly swift and strong, a model soldier. Capable of skittering on all eights when a lower profile, extra speed, stability or wall climbing is needed, Strive-For-Excellence can also lift its front quarters of the ground in a tauroid fashion to attack with its four front limbs, or wield weapons in them.

Infused with THESUN's Awe they have a excellent commanding presence and ability to lead other troops and possess an excellent tactical mind. Strive-For-Excellence will seek to be an excellent soldier on an instinctual level. Works together very well with other sunspidersoldiers, seeming to slot together into a great whole of a war-machine. Possess inherited knowledge of basic combat and tactics, and of their creator THESUN, and his imprisonment, which will hopefully carry over to copies, but no compulsion to do anything about it in particular.

Strive-For-Excellence is dropped somewhere nondescript in the Dayderim capital with no further instructions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blessing 1 lapses.

THESUN declares an edict of greatness upon their champions.

Major Blessing: Champions of THESUN
Target: Champions of THESUN, including at least the Mirrored Glories and Strive-For-Excellence
Effect: Extreme combat capability, including a slight precognitive insight and short-range teleportation. And a massive explosion on death, so that they will never again by slain ignobly, hidden from THESUN's sight. Let their lives be great blazes, their deaths a herald of THESUN's gaze.

Seeing that Dayderimians do not consider themselves people of Eternal Day, THESUN simply gazes on them coldly, their rise or fall would be determined by the machinations of the prison-world.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 02:11:09 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2024, 07:19:36 am »

Major Blessing: Bless Tim the Dragon-Land of Gempria V2.
?We now match. It's honestly been so long I forgot THESUN had even put that blessing there. But this form is suitable to fighting with you against any threats dear Gempria.?
Tim shifts closer to Gempria to allow mortals to expand to them should they wish it.
"Should any threat come we face it together."

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2024, 07:59:29 am »

Minor intervention: Ferina gives the power to control life and death to her feathered serpents.
she/her

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2024, 09:56:30 am »

Monarch was rather displeased with what happened during the Great Treachery. By all accounts, what happened didn't make sense. Someone had clearly intervened with the Sarbrerians, but it didn't appear to be one of the God-Kings he was familiar with.

Or... ah, Tim's blessing. That explained things.

His gaze shifted downwards, piercing through the Ocean of Mana and finding the drowned, crushed Raktorian Overlord. He needed a mortal champion as promised to his Interloper friend, and a means to subjugate and punish Sarbreris for its transgressions.

Major Intervention:
Monarch extracts the corpse of Ulkor from the depths, pulling the Gratis tree throne that twisted around the body and mangled it along with the remains. He binds the two together in Shadow, melding them together into one, the tree irreversibly subsumed by Ulkor's will. Breathing life back into the Supreme Overlord's body, the returned Raktorian will find himself a living shadow, an army of one, his body a weapon vastly more powerful than the terrifying Black Bomb. That wasn't all, as the Shadow King makes sure that the resurrected warlord's mental aspects are just as frightening as his physical body.

Warping Ulkor to the far north, to the Remnants, Monarch leaves him to his own devices, leaving behind one order:

"Sarbreris delenda est."

Monarch then voids his decree of protecting the Kingdom of Mana from dragons, proclaiming another.

Major Blessing:
Monarch blesses Ulkor, further empowering his combat capabilities in every conceivable way - further strengthening the Overlord's body and mind, granting abilities like levitation and flight, limited precognition, teleportation, Shadow control.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 04:14:55 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2024, 09:42:38 pm »

Surely, with all this nonsense about a major war between two powers dying down, the place is now peaceful right?
Minor: Create a new tree, but made of living stone (if that's a thing I can make) to roost in.
"Chirp chirp tweet tweet"
Translation: "TRY CUTTING THIS DOWN MORTALS"

Also Edit: Minor Blessing: my newly created stone tree as extra protection
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 09:48:46 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2024, 09:44:57 pm »

Omnipotence takes a new avatar, the one of the Wounded Black Hole!

Quote from: VESSEL REINCARNATION
Vessel Appearance: The Wounded Black Hole
Stat Array:
Awe: 3
Law: 0
Might: 0

Minor Intervention: Create the Oasis Oarfish: and place them all around the Ocean of Mana, oarfish that eat and breathe mana through their gills, and use mana to reproduce rapidly, they can absorb the worship the biome they are in and transmute it into worship for Omnipotence. They can also process mana, and be able to shoot blue beams of energy in case for self defence. Their only goal in life is to multiply as rapidly as possible   

Minor Blessing: Bless the Oasis Oarfish to rapidly multiply in the Ocean of Mana to dominate the region

Omnipotence responds to the Great Sentry betrayal...

”Your name is not Borgoth, but a tool to protect my assets! In which you have been useless in every endeavor to actually protect anything, you are the servant that I made with my very own godly appendages, your betrayal will not go unnoticed. Hopefully the Watcher won’t be mad that another God-King is created, your time is running out. Better rejoin my forces, or you will see a fate so horrible that not even a God would wish it to happen to their worst enemies.  

« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 09:51:38 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 18, 2024, 05:17:14 am »

Esugomot incarnates into the eldest of his direct Manafolk descendants, their form rapidly changing to match their previous one.

Major Intervention:
With the God-King's return to Esulom, he personally undertakes the project of building up the royal capital! The heart of his kingdom would not settle for being just another settlement! His combined power and the hard work of his people would see the city built in the prestigious Ancient Esulomite style, modified for it's people technological advancement! It's infrastructure and roads flowing in harmony with empowered Mana channels! It's walls, fortifications, and defenses built to withstand all the world would throw at it! It would be wonder unseen in an age, a shining jewel upon Esulom, the city of the world's desire!

Major Blessing:
Esugomot proclaims a Golden Age of Mana upon the Manafolk of Esulom! So Long as they remain faithful to the Kingdom and it's God-King, then let Mighty Heroes, Great Minds, and Brilliant Leaders rise from the people of the Mana!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2024, 11:15:46 am »

Keseem figures that Draconis needs some protection, in these troubling times, and that he also must make a mortal champion as promised too! So he gets to work doing both. Firstly, he uses a idea he has laid out to create a new type of plant! One hidden in secret groves near Draconis as to not be abused. He creates the Aurators, plants that when prepared and consumed in a certain way, can connect one to more magical forces of the universe, allowing them to preform feats of magical manipulation of the world around them, should they know the True Names of the subjects. And so he collects these plants, and teaches his most fervent followers, the lorekeepeers, the wise, and the scholars, both of the Gentry and of the common dragons, how to grow and eat them to obtain these abilities, forbidding them from telling others. The Decendant of the Fork then instructs those who have obtained it in the Library, teaching them the true names of creatures stored in the library, passed on from the knowledge of those who could preform this magic without the plants in the lost regions of the sand.

Keseem then looks for a champion both under the protection of his blessing, who has also quickly learned and understood this type of magic. He then teaches this one directly, explaining concepts and True Names not even revealed in the text, should he accept being his champion in the coming battle.

Minor Intervention Create the Aurators, a species of plant that if consumed and prepared in a certain way, allows creatures to use true name magic, should they also know what to say.
Then teach my followers how to use it, instructing one who is already under my blessing of protection and shows potential in its true power to become my mortal champion.

(Also, shouldent I have obtained 1 whole worship this turn? Both Draconis and the Holy Draconic Empire worship me for 0.5 worship each)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 02:16:14 pm by Megam0nkey »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 19, 2024, 11:39:33 am »

Minor Intervention: With great sorrow its strikes Neetocris's heart that his loyal followers, the blessed homes, are in fact homeless with no home to call their own. He begins rectifying this by creating homes for the blessed homes to live in (which will in turn also be blessed by the already in place blessing).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]