Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Keyforged Cartography Guild  (Read 3665 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Cartography Guild
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2023, 07:03:32 pm »

Hey I actually probably won't be going through with that anyways, I have random manic episodes where I get obsessed with random ideas and then lose interest. I'll still follow this though, looks interesting. I do think some sort of central economy would be useful to tie the systems together.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2023, 09:52:53 pm »

I have those too. The nice thing about the guilds system is that guildmates can share the load.

How about just try out being a guild member for awhile until you're ready for more responsibilities.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:50:14 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2023, 12:41:27 am »

Keyforged Outpost Map

A5: The Tavernkeeping Yaranga was built tall for the half-giant founder, Elliot March. The kitchen is in the middle, where the cook can look out to the rest of the patrons. A cooking guild maintain community cooking equipment and regulate its use. As a result of a recruiting related mishap, the Idle guild “tent” has burned down, rather than extinguishing it- they have turned the burning mess into a permanent bonfire. Go here to attempt to cook or brew something.

B4: The Cartography Watchtower was built for getting a better perspective of Keyforged and beyond. Erected with the militaristic sensibilities of the soldier founder, Blacktooth Ripclaw. They study the geography and places of interest, and partition deeds to land for appropriate use. Go here for OOC information, or to start a new guild.

B5: The Adventuring Villa is two stories surrounding a courtyard with terracotta roves. Founded by Bruv Brightbuckle. They log the expeditions of those who wish to leave town to raid dungeons and have a chance of coming back with treasure. Go here to participate in a dungeon raid party.

C4: The Mercantile Tent. They regulate community shopkeeping and bartering.

C5: The Alchemy Tent. They regulate community attempts to brew potions, elixirs, and poisons.

D4: Guildmasters Tent. A place for guildmasters to discuss Keyforged affairs and share their guild's advancements.

D5: The Blacksmith Tent. A smithing guild so the community can make weapons and tools.

E1: The Idling Bonfire began when the founder Mysterious Stranger was given a tent to claim a plot of land, the wooden poles and fabric were dropped on this spot, and never finished. One prospective recruit came here to check the guild out but stumbled and knocked over a lantern. the Idle guild “tent” burned down, rather than extinguishing it- they have turned the burning mess into a permanent bonfire. A passive systems maintenance guild. Here is the community inventory ledger. [LINK]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 12:45:49 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2023, 03:25:53 pm »

"An activity all players can participate in that the guild members DM."

I am considering ways we can contribute to this goal. How do the members of the cartography guild feel about drawing maps? For example "placing a guild on the KF map" is an activity "all players can participate in" but is not one that "all guildmembers DM", as I am the only one in charge of it.

I need to know if this kind of drawing on maps is something you'd want to be the guild DMing we do and be willing to participate, or if we need to explore other DMing possibilities if you don't want to draw on maps.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2023, 11:39:14 pm »

Would someone like to do the report on the South?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2023, 01:09:38 am »

The goblin attack is over, and I wanted to see if any of you would like to come up with the next grid guessing event.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2023, 01:42:25 pm »

Perhaps I could, maybe bim has a escaped little creature he was studying, that might become a problem if left to its own devices

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2023, 06:20:12 pm »

Perhaps I could, maybe bim has a escaped little creature he was studying, that might become a problem if left to its own devices

Wonderful! Is there anything you need? I am at your service. I recommend you PM me the coordinate and have me unable to participate.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2023, 01:22:22 am »

Would someone like to do the report on the South?

I am going to retire as Southern Scholar, it's a little too much on my plate.

Once Keyforged has reached Kingdom status and a new person has been placed in charge for the next chapter of the game, maybe I can turn my attention to this, though if someone wants to take over the South first, I'd be excited to see what their research reveals to us.

Here are the reports as they appear in the Keyforged thread. If you have revisions for your sector let me know and I will apply your changes.

Spoiler: Distant Places (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 01:33:17 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2023, 12:41:05 pm »

Bim is taking a noticeable amount of time to actually start, so to keep the positive momentum going I will put a cutoff of 3 days for them to get started. After that we'll do a different one. I can run another one, I think I'll focus on monster raids.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2023, 04:36:59 pm »

Guildmembers,

I've hosted 2 hunts now, but of course in order to help advance Keyforged Progress we need you guys host your own treasure hunts. I will not be doing one this week to see what Keyforged does with the captive. This would be a good chance for your own treasure hunt. The earlier you start, the better. You can do something very similar to my hunts, or put your own spin on it.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2023, 02:37:40 pm »

C2: The Empty Field. Landscaping that was allegedly cleared by the Idle Guild.

D5: The Smithing Workshop. Building that is big enough to house elaborate workstations and equipment. Founded by the local Aywen Ayes. Enables the community to make weapons and tools. (Crafting)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2023, 12:01:49 pm »

Here is the new internal ranking system.

Cartography Promotions
Pupil - New Member
Assistant - Host a Keyforged Hunt or Distant Travel
Librarian - Host both
Guildmaster - Manager
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2023, 12:32:11 am »

Would anyone like to draw a map of their region?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]